It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

I've seen some senseless press releases over the years, but I don't recall any this audacious.

From a Cadets mass e-mail today, here's how their blurb on Cadets2 begins:

Join Us for Our First World Championship and Cadets Meet-up

The year 2012 is the year of "2," and for Cadets2 their inaugural season will conclude at the DCA World Championship Finals in Annapolis, Md. of course, to be held on September 2.

To celebrate our inaugural year, Cadets2 and the entire Cadets organization is planning for a Labor Day celebration in Annapolis which will feature 2 performances by the corps in the DCA World Championship preliminary and finals competitions, along with social events and a very special Cadets Meet-up for fans and alumni on Saturday evening.

Does anyone recall a first-year corps having the nerve to announce their plans to perform in both prelims and finals in advance, as if it is an absolute certainty they will make the finals cut?

• Like 5

I've seen some senseless press releases over the years, but I don't recall any this audacious.

Does anyone recall a first-year corps having the nerve to announce their plans to perform in both prelims and finals in advance, as if it is an absolute certainty they will make the finals cut?

Dizzy Dean said (paraphrasing) - It ain't bragging if you can back it up. We will see if they can back it up.

• Like 4

Jeez Ken, life is too short to worry about these types of things.

Judging by the clips they have posted throughout the winter, They will have no problem making finals,just my opinion of course.

• Like 7

I'm not even sure people should even get upset over these things?

It seems like to me they wanted to play up on the "2" theme of the e-mail. "septemeber 2nd" "Cadets 2" "year of the 2" "2 performances". And honestly if they added "hopefully" or "possibly" it would take away from the release and they needed to inform people about the prelims and finals competitions to sell their weekend package.

However, for those that don't like Cadets2 I can see why the phrasing may come of as being audacious... but again, only if you don't like Cadets2.

Ken, I respect you BUT... I see nothing wrong with this release... as a matter of fact, I see a GREAT effort to sell tickets for DCA...

• Like 3

there's what....12 open class corps? I'd say the odds are in their favor

• Like 3

I think they're gonna do a whole lot better than just make finals. I love that they are in it to win it.

• Like 2

I believe they can Talk the talk and walk the walk!

GH talk purdy.... :devil::tongue:

Why did Styxs' old song "Too Much Time On My Hands" suddenly start up in my head...

Wonder if anyone is telling the corps members "When you get to Finals".....

Edited by JimF-LowBari