It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

I simply do not get the whole Cadets2 Bashing thing.

1. They have hired a WINNING staff

2. They are holding auditions and restricting members to their internal standards

3. Playing politics to get a competitive edge?

4. They are coming out of the gates swinging.

Tell me how that is doing ANYTHING different than any of the competitive corps that came before them????

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 1

2. They are holding auditions and restricting members to their internal standards

3. Playing politics to get a competitive edge?

4. They are coming out of the gates swinging.

Tell how that is doing ANYTHING different than any of the competitive corps that came before them????

Fear of new

Youth VS slightly older adult

Hop and his hidden agendas..( which there is no doubt)

BUT it can also be a positive and force some to move forward

• Like 2

Fear of new

Youth VS slightly older adult

Hop and his hidden agendas..( which there is no doubt)

BUT it can also be a positive and force some to move forward

Well, one thing you can't say about Hop is that he has a "hidden" agenda. He's quite open and clear about what he thinks the drum corps activity should be and where it should go. The people that don't like C2 or what they are doing all share one thing: Fear.

Fear that C2 will likely kick their corps' collective rear

Fear they will gain a vote to advocate change

Fear they will "steal" potential members (despite the fact that no corps has ever stolen a member from any other corps)

and the biggest fear? That a C2 success will bring other DCI corps into the DCA mix.

C2 will be successful. They will beat corps that aren't organized, designed, or taught as well. They will beat corps that simply don't work as hard. They will use their 2012 success to build an even stronger corps in 2013. I think the future of DCI Open Class, at least on the east coast, is in DCA.

And that absolutely terrifies fans of the Harrischester Buccalerros, and the rest of the long-time DCA corps.

• Like 2

And that absolutely terrifies fans of the Harrischester Buccalerros, and the rest of the long-time DCA corps.

Right on! :thumbup:

Well, one thing you can't say about Hop is that he has a "hidden" agenda. He's quite open and clear about what he thinks the drum corps activity should be and where it should go. The people that don't like C2 or what they are doing all share one thing: Fear.

Fear they will "steal" potential members (despite the fact that no corps has ever stolen a member from any other corps)

and the biggest fear? That a C2 success will bring other DCI corps into the DCA mix.

C2 will be successful. They will beat corps that aren't organized, designed, or taught as well. They will beat corps that simply don't work as hard. They will use their 2012 success to build an even stronger corps in 2013. I think the future of DCI Open Class, at least on the east coast, is in DCA.

agree.............except as up front as Hop is....there certainly is some hidden agendas..and a big plan he doesnt let everyone in on......at least not right away......I think the things you mentioned are spot on although most wont admit it....I remember when bush started..scared the hell out of some......everything at C2 is not all roses and not without challenges . I do know this for sure BUT they wont put a corps out simple to play drum corps, They will come out swingin for sure.

I'm not too sure it terrifies all of the corps you merged into one. I'm sure it lit a few fires though.

and while Hop may have his agenda, the DCA boardroom is an entirely different place, and in many ways DCA is avery different game. I'd say no need to freak out about anything.

As long as C2 doesnt hurt C1 and YEA finances, it should do just fine

Some corps publicly declared what size corps they would field and where they aimed to place, as was an increasingly common practice in the preceding decade....only in these trying times, those promises could not be kept. This type of PR failure was devastating to some corps.

As a result, that approach was resoundingly rejected. A new conventional wisdom developed where corps refrained from setting such specific competitive placement goals, and press releases no longer promised such specific contest results or exact membership quantities. Corps leaders made it a high priority to convey this philosophy throughout the ranks. I entered the activity right in the midst of this attitude adjustment, so that's what I learned.

Evidently, times are a-changin', and I have some more learning to do.

We have feuded in the past so its okay you singled me out :)

This is all just a game of semantics.

You're assuming that when the Cadets say "the entire Cadets organization is planning for a Labor Day celebration in Annapolis which will feature 2 performances by the corps in the DCA World Championship preliminary and finals competitions" that they are setting a specific placement goal? Or are the advertising the DCA Championship weekend and what they would possibly entail for the Cadets2?

You're also assuming that the Cadets2 are being indoctrinated to believe that they are automatically better than all the other DCA corps? That the staff makes it a priority for them to accept 1st place and all else is failure? That the Cadets2 are promising that they will make Finals without any doubt? How can you believe any Cadet corps operates like this (or any corps for that matter)?

Is this really the fault of the press release that you believe this? Or you are tempted to believe what you want to believe?

With all do respect audiodb, there is no controversy or conspiracy here.

agree.............except as up front as Hop is....there certainly is some hidden agendas..and a big plan he doesnt let everyone in on......at least not right away......

Oh didn't you hear? World domination through the means of non-profit drum corps and marching band. It's really a flawless plan...

• Like 1

That's open for debate for some. No question that Jeff and the other designers are a "winning staff" but there a decent amount of staff with C2 that are green and some that have not done well at other programs. It's not all roses.

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 1