No Beer at DCA Prelims & Finals

if true, we'll survive...we did it in many other places.

• Like 1

Does it really matter if there is beer or not?

(Scratching my head as if it makes a difference!)

• Like 2

What do you mean "we" kemosobi.

we...those of us who attended DCA Finals in places like Allentown and Hershey where no beer was served.

Didn't affect the weekend at all.

if someone is going to let no beer sales ( if true) affect their attendance, they have issues far beyond what we can address on here.

• Like 5

we...those of us who attended DCA Finals in places like Allentown and Hershey where no beer was served.

Didn't affect the weekend at all.

if someone is going to let no beer sales ( if true) affect their attendance, they have issues far beyond what we can address on here.

I am pretty sure I bought a beer or two at Hershey,..........?,...........tho that might have been a regular season show

I am pretty sure I bought a beer or two at Hershey,..........?,...........tho that might have been a regular season show

Hershey Stadium didn't always sell beer. Know they didn't 79/80 when they held Finals but just lost track when they started. Think it was after I walked away from corps in the early 90s (maybe I would have stuck around that night).

"What No Beer?"... makes me think of a really bad Jimmy Durante/Buster Keaton movie by that title. Other than that... I drive so... meh...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

in the last few years of the regular season show they had beer, bit not when they hosted finals.

and again, we don't even know if this is true. After all, 10 posts or less, this guy comes in here claiming to be in the know on many subjects.

and if no beer sold...big ####### deal. May actually help audience behavior, which I remember having some complaints about in Scranton.

I mean if true, it's a loss of revenue, but hey not my call if they want to lose money

• Like 3

My first year in "senior corps" was SCranton and I was so surprised to see beer at the event. Not only that but it was so reasonably priced. Coronas for $3 bucks??? That was like OMG sort of cool.

I hope this is only a rumor.

• Like 1

While Beer sales will not effect my attendance one bit the words "make or break" the show come to mind. Lack of beer sales won't break a show for me but beer sales will "make" a show for me.

Others mileage may vary.

While Scranton certainly gets Kudos for having beer and a full bar...Rochester certainly gets props for tolerance of the police department with public consumption. I saw people in the streets of downtown with open containers and had never seen that allowed outside the state of Florida. That was Uber cool.

More beer Kudos go out to the shows hosted by the Kilties. Not only was there beer but a wide selection of beer on tap. Very Reasonably priced too.

• Like 1