Top 10 Percussion Moments

I like '92 Crossmen, as well. My thing about that show is that parts of it sound like a trash truck full of dirt.

1996 Regiment is WAY underrated percussion wise. Especially for the snares and tenors, that uniform hides ZERO DIRT. Sticks show up like glow sticks with that black (very simple) uniform, and bright sticks.

Black Market Juggler

and

1991 SCV Helicopter

edit...And the 2000 BD mallet run in closer.

yes, yes, and yes!!!

Cavaliers 2004 - 007 "Latin Groove" is called "Welcome to Cuba" Just so you know :thumbup:

I enjoyed that as well.

Any list that leaves off 1984 SCV isn't a percussion list, it's just a drum list. And yea, there's a difference.

:worthy: That one is pure Genius!

The show that I've been listening to the most is Phantom 2010. Amazing percussion writing. That tenor solo is technically amazing, and I LOVE the energy from the drumline at the end of the opener. So awesome.

I like '92 Crossmen, as well. My thing about that show is that parts of it sound like a trash truck full of dirt.

1996 Regiment is WAY underrated percussion wise. Especially for the snares and tenors, that uniform hides ZERO DIRT. Sticks show up like glow sticks with that black (very simple) uniform, and bright sticks.

Good call on 96 PR. 97 was even better.

If we're talking moments, then 2005 Regiment deserves a mention. Some amazing keyboard work, and of course, the tap shoes. ;)

Edited by jthomas666

I always loved the pit. I can remember when there were no keyboards at all then they were allowed in 74. NOw I love it even more since my son is in winter percussion and being taught by BDB instructors.

Hmmm, what hasn't been mentioned:

Phantom Regiment 1978 (flight of the bumblebee); 1979 (march of the dwarfs)- any drum feature that ends in a Rockford File deserves to be on the list.

Madison 1976 (Get on down the road)

27th Lancers 1979 (Take 5) - with rifles on the 50, flags on either side.... flag toss over the rifle line

First thought was 75 Madison with Dueling Banjos.. bells started to carry a melody around this era and DB really kicked it up a notch... and tempo changes...

Second thought since on the 70s.... Troopers 1974 "Tubular Bells" (aka Exorcist theme)IIRC, one flat set of marching bells and one set of marching chimes. Spooky ###ed effect that was different for the era.

LOL - how about links to vids since we can do it now...

Edited by JimF-LowBari