Hey, Before the Smoke Gets too Thick in Here

good luck andsafe travels to all

• Like 2

Well said......and building up the +'s is a good thing......you and I will certainly need them later this summer!! :tongue:

• Like 3

My son gets on an airplane and heads for Mars tomorrow. He will be marching his age-out year, and I find myself pretty weepy about the whole deal. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was driving him to Jacksonville AL for his first camp when he was still 16. Drum corps, irrespective of where loyalties/preferences/tastes lie, is a fabulous thing for Thomas, and for thousands of kids each summer. He has literally grown up, one rehearsal, one run through, one performance, one bus ride at a time. He started as a boy, and now marches his last summer as a fully grown man. All of you who teach, who direct, who volunteer, are owed a great debt of gratitude by parents like me. We put our children into your hands, and you have earned our trust. I hope every single kid, no matter what judges sheet or someone screaming in a crowd or here has to say, gets to experience a summer of fun, of growth, of excellence, and, every now and then, of the transcendence and beauty that drum corps can bring into this often fractious world of ours. Good luck to everyone! Wear sunscreen! Find that quality within yourself that allows you to know that sometimes limits aren't limits, and there is always a little something more that you have deep down inside yourselves.

Thank you. Takes me back to when the guys were marching. Last year a grandson marched. The experience is like no other and grows some pretty incredible people. Thank you to everyone who makes this thing we call drum corps happen. Have a safe year and HAVE FUN!

Ma

• Like 1

...to 2012!

and.....

Safer travels

Less bus/truck breakdowns

Better gas mileage (and lower gas prices)

Yummy food

and Great shows while having the time of your lives!

See ya down the road!

How about NO bus or truck breakdowns (and hereby jinxing myself on the road this summer...)

...and in the chow line...

...and in the shower...

...and in sectionals...

Let's face it, farting is funny at anytime in drum corps.

• Like 2

Best wishes and safe travels to all the corps this summer. Have a great time!

And I salute the members, staffers and volunteers of each corps for your hard work and dedication. Drum corps would not exist without you!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

My son gets on an airplane and heads for Mars tomorrow. He will be marching his age-out year, and I find myself pretty weepy about the whole deal. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was driving him to Jacksonville AL for his first camp when he was still 16. Drum corps, irrespective of where loyalties/preferences/tastes lie, is a fabulous thing for Thomas, and for thousands of kids each summer. He has literally grown up, one rehearsal, one run through, one performance, one bus ride at a time. He started as a boy, and now marches his last summer as a fully grown man. All of you who teach, who direct, who volunteer, are owed a great debt of gratitude by parents like me. We put our children into your hands, and you have earned our trust. I hope every single kid, no matter what judges sheet or someone screaming in a crowd or here has to say, gets to experience a summer of fun, of growth, of excellence, and, every now and then, of the transcendence and beauty that drum corps can bring into this often fractious world of ours. Good luck to everyone! Wear sunscreen! Find that quality within yourself that allows you to know that sometimes limits aren't limits, and there is always a little something more that you have deep down inside yourselves.

Uh...wow. :thumbup:

Okay...I'm going to stop writing about drum corps now and become a recluse on some small South Pacific island. I'm not sure there's much else to say.

Dont forget to just have fun

Edited by TubaJon
  • Like 1

"Post of the year" material, right there. Well-said!

• 2 weeks later...