Dynasty in DCA

After reading through a few threads in the DCI section, it seems that Dynasty has lost all corps, at least in the top 12.

Will this be the trend in DCA as well?

I know most corps dont have the financial freedom to get new lines like in DCI and I think that is the only reason Dynasty is still here... corps are "stuck" with what they have. Just curious as to what your thoughts are.

I don't foresee DCA ditching Dynasty too soon.

There's plenty of DCA drumlines out there sporting Dynasty drums.

Here's one thing to take into the conversation though...

In 2013, Ludwig is making it's come back (System Blue). So you'll see the following with a lot of groups (drum corps in general).

Yamaha Brass & Yamaha Percussion

King Brass & Ludwig/Musser Percussion

Jupiter Brass & Mapex/Majestic Percussion

Dynasty Brass & Dynasty Percussion

Then Pearl/Adams Percussion isn't going anywhere.

The package deal is big for a lot of groups. It can amount to pretty heft discounts.

knowing some of the folks at Ludwig, I think this will fare better. as for Dienasty, the service and quality is starting to become Premier like.

• Like 1

I'll believe it when it see it when it comes to Ludwig percussion equipment. Their last 2 "attempts" at a comeback were less than spectacular.

I have full faith in the current regime at Ludwig/Musser right now to come out with quality equipment. The system blue stuff is going to be good.

There is a reason they are called Dy NASTY. Dynasty have only themselves to blame for building such a crappy trumpet. We've been telling then for years to dis it and they refused.

• Like 3

Just remember, anything with the System Blue tag on it will be of high quality. The Blue Devils never, ever, do anything half way. The System Blue drums will be very good out of the box, and flat out amazing by about year three.

• Like 2

There is a reason they are called Dy NASTY. Dynasty have only themselves to blame for building such a crappy trumpet. We've been telling then for years to dis it and they refused.

Yep, the trumpets suck. But the mellos, baritones, euphoniums, and the 4/4 tubas are very good. I'd still play System Blue, King, Yamaha, or Jupiter over them though, if I was buying a full line.

• Like 1

Yep, the trumpets suck. But the mellos, baritones, euphoniums, and the 4/4 tubas are very good. I'd still play System Blue, King, Yamaha, or Jupiter over them though, if I was buying a full line.

CV just bought a whole new line of Dynasty drums. We are very happy with the service and response time from the company. they look and sound great too.

• 2 weeks later...

knowing some of the folks at Ludwig, I think this will fare better. as for Dienasty, the service and quality is starting to become Premier like.

Is this a compliment or insult? I've played with Yamaha organizations for the past 10 years I have no idea what the quality of Premier products is like.