For Once.....

Reading time stamps can come in handy for you. I posted that well before there was a single response to my comment in the Madison thread.

That's just the way the Madisonites are.

Lol. Nice to see the MadMen have come out of hibernation for the season :-)

• Like 2

I have no words for this, that won't anger the Madison Trolls that crawl out of the woodwork and make you sound like a member of Al Queda for suggesting anything bad about MS.

But, food for thought, DCI never used that finals format again after 1988, with due reason.

Actually, the format that was planned wasn't even used in 1988. It was agreed that the judges who already judged World Class prior to Finals would not have their names thrown in the hat for the draw for Finals. When it got down to the draw for Semifinals, (there was no Quarterfinals yet and some people were still referring to Semifinals as Prelims), the names of all judges were accidentally put in the hat and three of those that were drawn were judges who had just judged Semifinals. I didn't realize this was an issue until George Hopkins came onto the field to talk with Executive Director Don Pesceone, with whom I was conversing at the time. George was very polite about it, but pointed out to Don that all had agreed the judges who already served on a panel for Semifinals would not be included in the draw. Don admitted he remembered that once George mentioned it and George graciously accepted that there was nothing they could do about it, but he just wanted to bring it up since others might grumble about it behind Don's back.

• Like 2

That said, you'd be hard pressed to find a corps I haven't said a negative thing about.

And we love you for not sugar-coating your thoughts. There's never a doubt about what you think.

(DCP needs a "Not sarcasm" smiley.)

I have no words for this, that won't anger the Madison Trolls that crawl out of the woodwork and make you sound like a member of Al Queda for suggesting anything bad about MS.

But, food for thought, DCI never used that finals format again after 1988, with due reason.

Look, anyone who reads these forums for any amount of time will quickly realize which corps has the most sensitive fan base. It's not a big secret.

But Madison won finals that year fair and square. They were in front in semis by more than a point. The finals format didn't have anything to do with it. Any good judge can pick the best corps out of 12. Doesn't matter what order they go on.

• Like 3

That said, you'd be hard pressed to find a corps I haven't said a negative thing about.

I've never heard you talk about Limited Edition... ph34r.giftongue.gif

Reading time stamps can come in handy for you. I posted that well before there was a single response to my comment in the Madison thread.

That's just the way the Madisonites are.

and trolls too

• Like 2

Actually, the format that was planned wasn't even used in 1988. It was agreed that the judges who already judged World Class prior to Finals would not have their names thrown in the hat for the draw for Finals. When it got down to the draw for Semifinals, (there was no Quarterfinals yet and some people were still referring to Semifinals as Prelims), the names of all judges were accidentally put in the hat and three of those that were drawn were judges who had just judged Semifinals. I didn't realize this was an issue until George Hopkins came onto the field to talk with Executive Director Don Pesceone, with whom I was conversing at the time. George was very polite about it, but pointed out to Don that all had agreed the judges who already served on a panel for Semifinals would not be included in the draw. Don admitted he remembered that once George mentioned it and George graciously accepted that there was nothing they could do about it, but he just wanted to bring it up since others might grumble about it behind Don's back.

Thank you for the insightful post! Loved it. Wish the DCI community had more readily available access to the history tidbits like this.

Thank you for the insightful post! Loved it. Wish the DCI community had more readily available access to the history tidbits like this.

Most of these youngins simply don't know. That's why I appreciate the old folks on this site :)

• Like 1