Don't foget to watch......

I'm actually hoping no news is good news. A poster on another board auditioned for SYTYCD a few years ago. She was all excited about going to her audition. Then suddenly total silence for a while. It turned out she made it to the choreography round, but didn't go any further. Nevertheless, she had to sign a contract that she would not discuss the outcome until the segment she auditioned on had aired.

I would hope that if they hadn't made it past a preliminary audition, it would be ok to talk about it, since it's unlikely they'd even make it to the air. So let's hope they advanced somehow, and are sworn to secrecy.

We live is a messed up world when The Edge can't make it to television, but

proving the adage that life isn't fair.
  • Like 1

If they do indeed make the broadcast, it appears to be a few weeks away, since this week the California auditions are shown, while

next week it's the ones from New York. "The Edge" performance was part of the Charlotte auditions.

OK, my mistake. They auditioned (successfully) for the producers in Charlotte, but went in front of the live audience (and judges) in NYC. Those shows are coming up next Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, AGT has a built-in audience vibe (a bully mentality which sways the judges) that has not been kind to performing groups such as The Edge.

In this case it sounds like a set up job by NBC to make The Edge the apparent object of such derision.

Edited by Northern Thunder

OK, my mistake. They auditioned (successfully) for the producers in Charlotte, but went in front of the live audience (and judges) in NYC. Those shows are coming up

next Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, AGT has a sort-of built-in audience vibe (which sways the judges, on occasion) that has never been receptive to performances such as The Edge.

cant just blame the audiance. I mentioned this in another thread. Several months ago there was a debate on DCP wheather this group was good enough or a good representation of the activity. Im not saying either way BUT if us within the activity had mixed feelings on the quality etc etc what do you think and audiance of the general public who think its nothing more than old marching band would think...

OK, my mistake. They auditioned (successfully) for the producers in Charlotte, but went in front of the live audience (and judges) in NYC. Those shows are coming up next Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, AGT has a built-in audience vibe (a bully mentality which sways the judges) that has not been kind to performing groups such as The Edge.

In this case it sounds like a set up job by NBC to make The Edge the apparent object of such derision.

right, but in the DCA forums some were quick to punce on Howard.

let's face it...drum corps is not mass appeal of out there enough to get that "watching a train wreck in progress" kind of fan.

Unless they had lights, mostly naked women, puro etc...it probably wasn't going to go far

But in this case the audience was coached ahead of time on how to "boo".

well we werent there to know exactly how it went down BUT also even if they are it was probably just unfortunate it happened right before they went on.Even so, I would like to believe no matter what if outstanding Boos wouldnt have happened BUT then again I wasnt there either