2012 WC drums

These new Dynasty lugs are the worst designed lugs that I have ever seen on a drum.

What is new about them? I've used Dynasty drums for 8 years at the school I've worked at and never had a single issue with a lug casing. Their original claw design was not good and caused a lot of pulling and bending but the current claw design (as seen in the SCV picture) works fine. That claw design is at least 5 years old now.

I can tell you that Crown are definitely getting new drums this year but, due to the fact that I know they want it to be a surprise (like the new accessories for the uniform which are AWESOME, by the way), I can't reveal what it is. From what I heard about them at the April Camp, I do think they are going to look amazing, though!

• Like 1

I can tell you that Crown are definitely getting new drums this year but, due to the fact that I know they want it to be a surprise (like the new accessories for the uniform which are AWESOME, by the way), I can't reveal what it is. From what I heard about them at the April Camp, I do think they are going to look amazing, though!

You sir, are a tease. :tongue:

You're going to focus on that during the show??

Now that ... was a helluva leap.

Edited by mingusmonk

To add a little meat to my comment now that I am home on the couch:

I think it is a fair comment. The look of the Dynasty hardware and logo is sleek and modernist. Up against an attractive wood grain finish, which is a traditional, natural look, it clashes.

Some may not agree, but not liking it is OK. And its not likely that it will ruin their entire summer.

Obviously Dynasty, Pearl, Mapex, and Yamaha make products that work well enough. I just prefer the Yamaha quality over the rest. I'm also a big Tama enthusiast so I'd love to see a DCI line bring them to the field soon.