Show schedules

I just started looking at the show schedules for this season and found two of what I thought were two strange things right off the bat. I see that Phantom is coming west this season but for some reason they come to Albuquerque,NM and Mess, AZ and then take a three day break before DCI West at Stanford. The Friday night before Stanford is Clovis,CA and they are skipping that show. I will be at that show and would liked to have seen them. Two other corps that will be in NM and AZ will be in Clovis but for some reason Phantom is skipping the show. The Clovis show does have 9 corps entered.

During the next week after the DCI West weekend SCV is having it's home Pacific Procession show in Santa Clara but the Blue Devils who are but an hour up the road chose to go to San Diego for the full week of practice and skip Pacific Procession.

I just started looking at the show schedules for this season and found two of what I thought were two strange things right off the bat. I see that Phantom is coming west this season but for some reason they come to Albuquerque,NM and Mess, AZ and then take a three day break before DCI West at Stanford. The Friday night before Stanford is Clovis,CA and they are skipping that show. I will be at that show and would liked to have seen them. Two other corps that will be in NM and AZ will be in Clovis but for some reason Phantom is skipping the show. The Clovis show does have 9 corps entered.

During the next week after the DCI West weekend SCV is having it's home Pacific Procession show in Santa Clara but the Blue Devils who are but an hour up the road chose to go to San Diego for the full week of practice and skip Pacific Procession.

I don't think it is all that strange that Phantom is skipping the Clovis show; they are scheduled to do 12 shows in the first 22 days oof the season, wwhich includes their West Coast swing, with nothing greater than a two day break between any shows. The Clovis show would make five shows in six days once they reach New Mexico on the 4th day of the season. And after their three back-to-back SoCal shows they have a gruelling one day run up to Ogden for the July 3rd show. They will be doing a lot of shows and a lot of miles. As much as it would be great for them to also do the Clovis show, I can understand why they might choose to pass.

Not sure why the Devils are skipping the Vanguard show; in the past when each corps hosted a local show, the two corps supported each other's shows regularly. BDB will be at Santa Clara though.

• Like 1