2012 WC Uniforms

A stylized version of the chinese ideograph Shou (meaning longevity). At least that's what wikipedia says :-)

....and IF you were one of Turandot's suitors, would you not want to answer her riddles correctly and add some "longevity" to your life???? Its a 'suit'able chice IMO.

Phantom's uniform... looks great from up close... don't you think it will just be a blur of black from upper deck or press box?

I remember last year's being kind of hard to read also.

• Like 1

Phantom's uniform... looks great from up close... don't you think it will just be a blur of black from upper deck or press box?

I remember last year's being kind of hard to read also.

Agreed. But close detail is not the final purpose of the 'coin'.

You can hardly see the details at street level in the parade, but I don't think the tiny details are meant to be seen from far away. It's another overall effect.

Just like silver or brass buttons, they reflect light, but you cannot tell if they are 3/4

" or 1 1/2" sized. Its the overall effect produced.

I was amazed at the difference centering the coin on the jacket front vs. setting them all at 3" below the neckline made!

I hope the glittering background in the coin shows up, more so than the actual coin details, but by Finals not many will even notice the coin........

• Like 2

Agreed. But close detail is not the final purpose of the 'coin'.

You can hardly see the details at street level in the parade, but I don't think the tiny details are meant to be seen from far away. It's another overall effect.

Just like silver or brass buttons, they reflect light, but you cannot tell if they are 3/4

" or 1 1/2" sized. Its the overall effect produced.

I was amazed at the difference centering the coin on the jacket front vs. setting them all at 3" below the neckline made!

I hope the glittering background in the coin shows up, more so than the actual coin details, but by Finals not many will even notice the coin........

Hmmmmm...

... and who knows, the "coin" might be removed during the show to reveal another symbol beneath it ... it wouldn't be the first time they had a uni change during the course of the show ...

Was that 2006 where the uniforms changed over the course of the show? Didn't they flip the baldric around?

Was that 2006 where the uniforms changed over the course of the show? Didn't they flip the baldric around?

Black to White I believe. Nice subtle effect. Loved it.