The Academy 2012

I know The Academy announced a title and some of their music earlier this year, but they just posted the rest of the rep and a full show description.

http://www.arizonaacademy.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=388:left-of-spring&catid=37:news&Itemid=94

"Left of Spring: Stravinsky Revisited"

- Rite of Spring - Igor Stravinsky

- Epilogue from the Broadway show "Spring Awakening"

- The Song of Purple Summer

What jumped out at me:

"Following the basic story line of the ballet, pagan rituals and images have been re-imagined to create a modern urban tribe. From the birth of the urban tribe, to the celebration of new life and the arrival of spring, the passionate ritual that sparks a riot, and finally the death and sacrifice of the chosen one."

This sounds like it's going to be a blast of a show, can't wait to see it!

leftofspring.png

• Like 1

By a curious chance I found myself speaking with one of their designers last month and he seemed pretty excited about this year's production. I'm looking forward to it.

Although I no longer have the strong, personal connection to Academy, that I had last year...... I am a huge fan for life. :smile: I loved their (Re) show last summer, (the ballad still gives me chills), and I am so excited to see what they offer this summer! Best of luck to you all at Academy!! :big hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Although I no longer have the strong, personal connection to Academy, that I had last year...... I am a huge fan for life. :smile: I loved their (Re) show last summer, (the ballad still gives me chills), and I am so excited to see what they offer this summer! Best of luck to you all at Academy!! :big hug:

For real. So many great hornlines in the 13-17 range last year. Academy is due for a break out performance sometime soon. Looking forward to this show!

• 1 month later...

I really liked the Academy's show, it was an early one so there was still a ton of dirt especially in the battery - they were running into each other lol. I have no doubt that those problems are resolving every day. The music works and contrary to the naysayers, so do the hot pink guard unis and drums. Like Phantom's red and white, it makes for a stark visual contrast from the stands.