PreTour Sights and Sounds!

When I buy my tickets for Indy I alternate my seat for each night:

QF: up high on the 50, so i can get the big picture and see the drill

SF: in the middle section, usually 45 yard line, cuz i like the sound

Finals: down low, usually on the 45, i like to see the details. and the emotion from finals night is amazing from down there. you can feel the crowd/performers reaction. tried sitting up top for finals in 2009 and it wasnt the same.

Great plan. Are you availble for consultation on my future ticket purchases?

HH

It's awesome. They have a move where there are like boxes and they morph around and spin and then become lines and then the lines pass through each other but in diagonals and then the line split and form a huge block and the colorguard meshes with it in like a wave shape and yeah super awesome. Sorry no pics. :)

Charlie1223,

Your above post sounds a bit sarcastic.

Have you actually seen their drill or are you just making this up based upon something else?

• Like 1

I made it out to Gardner-Webb tonight to watch Crown's ensemble rehearsal. At this point they have almost 5 and a half minutes on the field marching and playing. Like normal the feet have some catching up to do but the music is outstanding. I think this is the hardest drill they've ever done. And actually the hardest music too. It's a little too early to make a good prediction as to where they will finish but I don't see them being any lower then 4th. And probably a top contender for another Ott trophy.

Gonna try to go again tomorrow night.

• Like 3

As usual with parades, they never get the really really good stuff on TV, but click the link for a short video of the

on Saturday.

(note: drums are last year's drums, new drum finish is in the drums thread.)

(note 2: with the steampunk show, I'm anticipating that the guard unis you see in the parade are just that - parade uniforms. But I really don't know for sure, just a guess.)

As usual with parades, they never get the really really good stuff on TV, but click the link for a short video of the

on Saturday.

They got everyone else. That was a clear timing error by the corps. They did look good marching though.

Perhaps this clip will shed some light on their show, check it out

2012 Santa Clara Vanguard Drumline

Texas PAS Day of Percussion. May 19

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 2

It's awesome. They have a move where there are like boxes and they morph around and spin and then become lines and then the lines pass through each other but in diagonals and then the line split and form a huge block and the colorguard meshes with it in like a wave shape and yeah super awesome. Sorry no pics. :)

LOL

:worthy:

When I buy my tickets for Indy I alternate my seat for each night:

QF: up high on the 50, so i can get the big picture and see the drill

SF: in the middle section, usually 45 yard line, cuz i like the sound

Finals: down low, usually on the 45, i like to see the details. and the emotion from finals night is amazing from down there. you can feel the crowd/performers reaction. tried sitting up top for finals in 2009 and it wasnt the same.

That is exactly what i do.... I'm not a stalker honestdevil.gif