PreTour Sights and Sounds!

is it too much to ask all these corps with their twitter to post 15-30 second clips every few days? or a few shots of drill?

14 days until

Akron, OH

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 7:30 PM

Innovations in Brass

Line-up is in reverse order of appearance.

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

• Like 1

I got some stuff on Pacific Crest. Went and watched their horn arc and their full ensemble. First things first JUPITERS TRUMP DYNASTIES BY A LOT!!!!! Holy cow the sound of those horns is making such a difference!!! Their horn book is the hardest one I've heard come from them. Very technical and exposed. Had some holes due to high school events still going on. Some schools don't get out until after the first socal show. Drums sound great on Mapex as well. It was a rough rehearsal but they are in a good place.

Here's a link to a story (and VIDEO, with actual rehearsal footage and sound) on Spirit of Atlanta that was done by a news organization in the town where they held their first 10 days of all days. Scroll to the bottom for the video.

http://www.accessnor...il.php?n=249318

Yay, some show music! thumbup.giftongue.gif

Here's a link to a story (and VIDEO, with actual rehearsal footage and sound) on Spirit of Atlanta that was done by a news organization in the town where they held their first 10 days of all days. Scroll to the bottom for the video.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=249318

The great...

A real nice feature from a local news channel. Heard some show music in there as well....very nice...thank you SOA :smile:

The not so great....(you knew this was coming :tongue: )

And just to save time...this is not directed at the corps members of SOA....

No mention at all that SOA (And the groups they compete against) spend the summer performing before thousands and thousands of drum corps fans. All of this mention of practice, artistic expression and performance levels...I guess we get a glimpse of what a corps priorities are. Doctor of this and doctor of that....how about some simple communication regarding the great (never to be forgotten) experience members will have performing for thousands and thousands of fans. I guess fans is a four letter word these days.

Just trying to keep it real....

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 4

isn't it always? :tongue::rolleyes:

I think this is def one of the most boring. No Field Pass (until today) and next to zero video/audio features.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=249318

:thumbup:

Great News spot light that didn't even need to say "marching band" to describe the activity. I thought that was impossible. :shutup:

• Like 1