New Foundation for startup corps

I am starting a new foundation for start up corps. The foundation will be setup to insure long term viability for a start-up corps. The foundation will include a instrument loaner bank(similar to the 21st Century foundation), and business consulting/help in forming, and running, a drum and bugle corps. I know there are other foundations/non-profits out there trying to do the same, and I want to work with them, not compete against them. The organization is based in Texas, with a goal of increasing the number of Drum and Bugle corps in Texas, and helping other foundations around the country increase Drum and Bugle corps in their area. Contact me via PM, if you want to discuss it.

Edited by cdm

I am starting a new foundation for start up corps. The foundation will be setup to insure long term viability for a start-up corps. The foundation will include a instrument loaner bank(similar to the 21st Century foundation), and business consulting/help in forming, and running, a drum and bugle corps. I know there are other foundations/non-profits out there trying to do the same, and I want to work with them, not compete against them. The organization is based in Texas, with a goal of increasing the number of Drum and Bugle corps in Texas, and helping other foundations around the country increase Drum and Bugle corps in their area. Contact me via PM, if you want to discuss it.

Four days after posting the announcement that I am starting a new foundation for small drum corps, and I have already been contacted by people who want to donate instruments, and uniforms.

• Like 1

Four days after posting the announcement that I am starting a new foundation for small drum corps, and I have already been contacted by people who want to donate instruments, and uniforms.

In another thread you indicated that you do not have all of your paperwork in order for this Foundation. While I believe your desire to help small corps is very noble, and I look forward to a quality organization which could provide such services, I also believe if you do not already have your form 1023 filed and received your 501c3 determination letter, if you do not have your bylaws, a board, legal and financial council, a fundraising development officer, along with a short term plan and long term goals in writing then you really have no business collecting donations of any type of capital at this juncture. You can get into a heap of trouble with the IRS, as well as other government agencies, if you place the donations cart before the proper filings; and you can get into a heap of administrative/financial/legal trouble if you do not have a proper set of bylaws, board, and council. This is not a knock on your idea, I am all for that; I just want you to succeed.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2