Where are you Open Class?

OK, then. So if I reply to you, now the reply rate just went up. According to your logic, there is now more interest in open-class drum corps. Problem solved!

Yep, problem solved alright. Your reply increased percentage involvement for the Open Class threads by a whopping .002% and like mine it contained no information, or debate, concerning the Open Class. There are still way more Crickets, crickets, crickets,...

Edited by Stu

I find it interesting that the ones stating how "poorly" the open class fans are in DCP are most likely the same ones that would not go into a show until the Open class has performed.

Admittedly, I was once one of those fans. Didn't give Open Class much of my time. Then, as luck would have it, I got involved in one and truly understand what Open class is all about. So, for all of you who do not pay attention to the Open Class, I dare you to go to an entire show, or go to an all open class show.

These kids work just as hard as the WC corps do. I know this first hand. So, most of these corps are a few years younger in experience. The staffs are not as experienced and the overall talent level may not be top 12, but they are very hard workers and really put out a very good product.

I am very interested to see how the OC groups fair at Indy this year. There will be at least 3 in Semifinals, maybe 4 this year. Dont be surprised if there is a 4th corps in the top 25.

As far as predictions, it is a bit early to tell, but I think the Oregon Crusaders will win Open Class, with BDB, SCVC, Spartans and Gold all in the mix. Is there another dark horse to compete, I do not know. I will be interested in seeing the Open Class finals this year in Michigan City and to see how many make it into Semifinals on Friday. It should be a great summer of drum corps regardless.

• Like 3

Most Open Class corps ask their kids to not post on DCP because of those Monday morning QB's that look to pick fights or criticize kids for their opinions and/or thoughts.

• Like 5

Most Open Class corps ask their kids to not post on DCP because of those Monday morning QB's that look to pick fights or criticize kids for their opinions and/or thoughts.

Or for what their corps is doing in general. Like in the Revo thread, a lot of what I read was people criticizing the corps and how it was managed, but not the kids so much.

There's tons of OC info available...just not on DCP

• Like 1

I find it interesting that the ones stating how "poorly" the open class fans are in DCP are most likely the same ones that would not go into a show until the Open class has performed....

A) For all shows I am in the stands for the National Anthem and not hanging out in the lot drooling over the G7; and b) I have been to multiple OC only shows over many years; so please do not include me in your generalizations!

• Like 1

And this applies to the WC also; not many WC corps youth post to DCP. Most people who post in the WC threads are age-outs and older fans.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

There's tons of OC info available...just not on DCP

Same tons of info holds true for WC outside of DCP; and by the way, the ratio of OC vs WC info outside DCP closely reflects the same ratio "inside" DCP.

Stu,

I wasnt calling you out. Relax, it is a general thing. I was once guilty of it myself. So, I called myself out on it. LOL

2 years ago, I watch all of the Open class prelims in Michigan city. It was nice to see how hard those kids worked regardless of placement. This is what I love about Open class. Hard working kids, just like the WC corps, just younger and not quite as seasoned. :-)

I love Open Class corps, I'm just not seeing as much publicized information by the corps themselves (or where I look), post it on Facebook or something, I would LOVE to hear how they're doing! Not hearing much = not much to speak of. However some VERY exciting repertoires this year.