Where are you Open Class?

And this applies to the WC also; not many WC corps youth post to DCP. Most people who post in the WC threads are age-outs and older fans.

True. Most corps discourage their kids from posting on DCP. Ironically it's not because of DCP, it's because of all of the rest of us. They don't want them getting into any cat fights or saying something that they shouldn't.

• Like 2

Colt Cadets have move-in today for the out-of-area students that were done with school. The kids stay with host families within about 30 minutes of Dubuque, mostly wonderful parents of other members that open their house up to a 3 month slumber party. We have some that will join the group over the next 2 weeks as they wrap up school, but there is a pretty good group working on drill right now in Dubuque. Lots of news and photos of both the Colts and Colt Cadets are on the Colts facebook page if you want to dig a bit deeper, or check this out:

http://www.colts.org/cadets/show.cfm

• Like 2

I hope all of the DCI open class corps follow the CADETS 2,and move over to DCA.I can't stand the fact that the open class corps in DCI are pretty much ignored by most of the fans of junior corps.Those kids and staff members bust there you know what's, to put on show's for the fans every year,just to be under appreciated.But i can tell you this.If DCI's open class corps were doing show's in DCA instead of DCI.You would be accepted and more than appreciated by all of the DCA corps and the fans.And that's a fact !!!.I love the DCI open class corps.I just feel that they don't get the respect that they should be getting from most of the junior corps fans.Come on over !!! DCA would love to have you.And i apologize if i offended anyone with this post.That was not my intention.

I hope all of the DCI open class corps follow the CADETS 2,and move over to DCA.I can't stand the fact that the open class corps in DCI are pretty much ignored by most of the fans of junior corps.Those kids and staff members bust there you know what's, to put on show's for the fans every year,just to be under appreciated.But i can tell you this.If DCI's open class corps were doing show's in DCA instead of DCI.You would be accepted and more than appreciated by all of the DCA corps and the fans.And that's a fact !!!.I love the DCI open class corps.I just feel that they don't get the respect that they should be getting from most of the junior corps fans.Come on over !!! DCA would love to have you.And i apologize if i offended anyone with this post.That was not my intention.

A) Many performers in the DCI Open Class corps are high school age; and B) Outside of the Northeast and somewhat in CA there are precious few DCA shows within reach of many DCI Open Class corps. So, unless DCA would change their Finals date to occur prior to the start of the academic school year, and DCA would sponsor many, many more shows within what some call fly-over country, then sorry, but 'DCA cannot accommodate' the current DCI Open Class corps.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

I hope all of the DCI open class corps follow the CADETS 2,and move over to DCA.I can't stand the fact that the open class corps in DCI are pretty much ignored by most of the fans of junior corps.Those kids and staff members bust there you know what's, to put on show's for the fans every year,just to be under appreciated.But i can tell you this.If DCI's open class corps were doing show's in DCA instead of DCI.You would be accepted and more than appreciated by all of the DCA corps and the fans.And that's a fact !!!.

I think the choice between DCI and DCA is more about the weekend-only model vs. the short tour. So I hope that corps continue to choose what works best in each of their own unique situations.

The open class seems very quiet this year compared to years past. However, part of that is on purpose as no one wants to let the cat out of the bag, or even worse, start another discussion about last summers issues.

Many corps ask their members and staff to not say anything in a public forum mainly to protect the corps image and keep what needs to stay in the "house" in the house. Regardless, I will say this much about what I know.

I suspect that the Oregon Crusaders will come out strong and really make a statement this summer. They had good retention from last years corps and I think they will be even better this summer. That said, there is a ton of work to do and I know the kids will work hard.

"Dreaming in Color" has a lot to offer the new fan as well as the old ones. I beleive the show has a ton of potential and will definately be anjoyed by those who see it.

I wish all of the people who go on about this and go on about that would take a little time and check out the Open Class. All of these kids work hard just like their world class counterparts. I will admit that before I started volunteering for OC, I did not give the open class a lot of my time.Now, I watch them in Michigan City to see how the corps perform. It is good to see them at Indy as well.

Good luck Open Class and especially the Oregon Crusaders!!

The open class seems very quiet this year compared to years past. However, part of that is on purpose as no one wants to let the cat out of the bag, or even worse, start another discussion about last summers issues.

Many corps ask their members and staff to not say anything in a public forum mainly to protect the corps image and keep what needs to stay in the "house" in the house. Regardless, I will say this much about what I know.

I suspect that the Oregon Crusaders will come out strong and really make a statement this summer. They had good retention from last years corps and I think they will be even better this summer. That said, there is a ton of work to do and I know the kids will work hard.

"Dreaming in Color" has a lot to offer the new fan as well as the old ones. I beleive the show has a ton of potential and will definately be anjoyed by those who see it.

I wish all of the people who go on about this and go on about that would take a little time and check out the Open Class. All of these kids work hard just like their world class counterparts. I will admit that before I started volunteering for OC, I did not give the open class a lot of my time.Now, I watch them in Michigan City to see how the corps perform. It is good to see them at Indy as well.

Good luck Open Class and especially the Oregon Crusaders!!

This is not about the current Open Class youth in the corps refraining from posting on DCP; that applies even to the World Class. Nope; this is about how an overwhelming majority of non-marching youth as well as most age-outs and adult fans posting on DCP do not give a rip about discussing, monitoring, seeing, ... the Open class. And the crickets are happy.