2 Tuba Spots Available

WE ARE LOOKING FOR 1 OR 2 TUBA PLAYERS.

It's that time of year where either due to family issues, injury, or "this just isn't for me" that we have 2 tuba spots available.

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

• Drum corps experience or a really top marching band in the country.
  • Be a great player.
  • And at this time of year you will need to be in shape. It will be very difficult for you 10+ days into Spring Training to learn the show, let alone work yourself into shape.

Email eric@carolinacrown.org and tell me something about yourself: your age, where you go to school, your accomplishments, and why Crown?

I will get qualified applicants in front of the staff ASAP. They will want you to make a video of yourself playing and marching and will give you the details in an email.

Here is a little taste of the music -

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 1

very common, no need to worry. I'm sure crown will find some great new members

When Corps go over 70 brass and now approach 80 brass as the norm at the upper levels of the World Class Division, these things are bound to occur. Additionally,, the larger the Corps in numbers, it is inevitable that as the season unwinds we'll likewise has blank holes here and there. Maybe a snare drummer goes down, or somone in guard gets injured, somebody gets sick in line or whatnot. This is nothing new under the sun here to see 2-3 open spots... or later... a blank spot or two... the last several years. Its nothing to be concerned with when Corps now are this large. Its basically a non issue, it seems to me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

Just about every corps goes through this at this time of year. Injuries, family issues, even kids that get a week or two into Spring Training and realize that drum corps is A LOT OF WORK and hours that they did not realize.

It's not the end of the world, it's one of the things that just seems to happen in drum corps at this time of year.

We will be just fine...

Can't wait for everyone to see and hear what we are doing this year. :thumbup:

• Like 6

First the Crusaders and now Crown. Yikes! Good luck.

Cadets too, but I think they filled theirs. That's Cadets too, not Cadets 2. BAC also looking for players in the brass.

Edited by xbones7480

Can't wait for everyone to see and hear what we are doing this year. :thumbup:

Neither can we so stop this idle tittle tattle and get get to work on those clips...... music.gif

• Like 1

Who rated this 1 star?

Anyway, I think more than 50 tuba players were interested in the 3 tuba holes from Cadets. Crown will have no trouble filling their holes.

Wow. The music in the Youtube link is A-MAZING! Can't wait to see and hear this show! Best of luck to Crown!

• Like 1

What? nobody is going to lambast Crown for not calling back their best cuts who might or might not be marching somewhere else already? (recalling the Spirit of Atlanta thread.)

I'm sure Crown will handle it fine, just like every other corps out there handles it.

• Like 2