2012 Fan Network

Nice to see this up and running. It seems like a weird roll-out, though. Had I not taken a minute to check DCP, I wouldn't have known the subscriptions were on sale. As a FN customer for years, it's kind of odd that there was no head's up e-mail; there's not even any announcement on DCI's webpage. Is this a kind of 'soft opening' where the more rabid fans will get the jump with a roll-out coming soon (since there's not a huge rush as the first live stream probably won't be for several weeks)?

Not complaining, just kind of odd to have FN 2012 up w/no announcement anywhere (other than this thread).

On another note, a good friend of mine who comes over weekly during the summer to watch the shows has been bugging my wife and I for quite awhile now about when Fan Network will go live. This guy is a fellow music teacher who doesn't follow drum corps a ton online, but it's fun that he's as impatient waiting for FN news as some of us die-hards were :tongue:

As always, HUGE bummer that there is seemingly still not Finals live stream. I stand by my assessment that DCI is missing out on making more money (including more from me) for minimal work, but whatever. It is what it is

I'll probably by the subscription when I get paid in a few days, and I'll look forward to another summer of live-streaming DCI shows!

• Like 1

I just want to throw a shout-out to drumcat. I've been lurking these forums since 07, when the fan network was in its infancy. Each and every year he offers some really cool insight and knowledge of how the system works, makes quick fixes for problems we find, and does his best to answer our multitude of questions. THANK YOU!

Also digging the cheaper price!

• Like 7

Here's the lineup:

June 17 - Louisville: VOD

June 23 - Stanford: Live+VOD

June 29 - Muncie: VOD

June 30 - Lynn: VOD

June 30 - Michigan City: VOD

June 30 - Walnut: VOD

July 6 - Whitewater: Live+VOD

July 6 - Quincy: VOD

July 7 - Kalamazoo: Live+VOD

July 7 - Denver: Live+VOD (multicam)

July 14 - Minneapolis: Live+VOD

July 20 - Houston: Live+VOD

July 21 - San Antonio: Live+VOD

July 26 - Little Rock: VOD

July 28 - Atlanta: Live+VOD (multicam)

August 3 - Allentown: VOD

August 4 - Allentown: VOD

August 9 - Prelims (until Cinecast): Live Only (FREE)

August 10 - Semifinals: Live+VOD (VOD Monday)

August 11 - Finals: VOD (VOD Monday)

would love to get muti cam at SA or Minny, but I can't complain!

• Like 1

As always, HUGE bummer that there is seemingly still not Finals live stream. I stand by my assessment that DCI is missing out on making more money (including more from me) for minimal work, but whatever. It is what

There's no doubt that a live finals night feed would reduce ticket sales.

Question is.... What would make the most money? Finals night ticket sales with no live feed or Finals night tickets sales with a live feed?

Another question would be... How would a live finals feed effect DVD/BluRay sales? Already seen it, why buy it?

I suspect DCI have looked at all the angles and they will know which scenario makes them the most money.

• Like 2

Nice to see this up and running. It seems like a weird roll-out, though. Had I not taken a minute to check DCP, I wouldn't have known the subscriptions were on sale. As a FN customer for years, it's kind of odd that there was no head's up e-mail; there's not even any announcement on DCI's webpage. Is this a kind of 'soft opening' where the more rabid fans will get the jump with a roll-out coming soon (since there's not a huge rush as the first live stream probably won't be for several weeks)?

Not complaining, just kind of odd to have FN 2012 up w/no announcement anywhere (other than this thread).

On another note, a good friend of mine who comes over weekly during the summer to watch the shows has been bugging my wife and I for quite awhile now about when Fan Network will go live. This guy is a fellow music teacher who doesn't follow drum corps a ton online, but it's fun that he's as impatient waiting for FN news as some of us die-hards were :tongue:

As always, HUGE bummer that there is seemingly still not Finals live stream. I stand by my assessment that DCI is missing out on making more money (including more from me) for minimal work, but whatever. It is what it is

I'll probably by the subscription when I get paid in a few days, and I'll look forward to another summer of live-streaming DCI shows!

Yep; it's soft because there are a number of things to check. If we don't, we'll get overwhelmed with customer complaints. The email for subscribers will go out soon. Marketing will start tomorrow.

And I'll go ahead and address Finals. I can tell you that it is discussed, and it is always on the table. One day it will probably make sense, but which season that is I can't tell you. What I can say for sure is that it's not falling on deaf ears. It's just being decided one way that for this year is the choice. Maybe next year that will change, but for the time being.... that's where we're at.

• Like 2

I just want to throw a shout-out to drumcat. I've been lurking these forums since 07, when the fan network was in its infancy. Each and every year he offers some really cool insight and knowledge of how the system works, makes quick fixes for problems we find, and does his best to answer our multitude of questions. THANK YOU!

Also digging the cheaper price!

Thanks. Good gravy has it been that long already?

Actually, if anyone ever runs into me, I might bore you to tears with a story about how I QA'd every D2-3 show sitting at a starbucks in 2004 in Denver. This is season 9 for me. Wow.

Edited by drumcat

Drumcat, what's the possibility that more VODs will be added to the lineup this year (as was the case last year)? Is this list set in stone or are there more locations that aren't confirmed as of yet?