2012 Fan Network

July 7 - Kalamazoo: Live+VOD

July 7 - Denver: Live+VOD (multicam)

Question... is it one after the other or are both shows on at the same time???

Drumcat, what's the possibility that more VODs will be added to the lineup this year (as was the case last year)? Is this list set in stone or are there more locations that aren't confirmed as of yet?

There aren't any more VODs on the horizon I know of. Maybe another live show... live is a very different animal.

July 7 - Kalamazoo: Live+VOD

July 7 - Denver: Live+VOD (multicam)

Question... is it one after the other or are both shows on at the same time???

There will be some overlap. With DVR abilities on the timeline, you can see all of it.

• Like 2

There's no doubt that a live finals night feed would reduce ticket sales.

Question is.... What would make the most money? Finals night ticket sales with no live feed or Finals night tickets sales with a live feed?

Another question would be... How would a live finals feed effect DVD/BluRay sales? Already seen it, why buy it?

I suspect DCI have looked at all the angles and they will know which scenario makes them the most money.

I disagree. The hardcore DCI fans like us will always rather attend live. A live finals stream is not about revenue, it's about access to new fans (though the $$ is a nice side effect).

The quarterfinal theaters haven't reduced finals attendance, and they provide almost the exact same performances as the Saturday show.

It's a niche activity with potential for everyone in music education, and more. On a weekend. For $10. Our PREMIER show is limited only to those die-hard enough to spend a grand-plus to travel out.

And I'll go ahead and address Finals. I can tell you that it is discussed, and it is always on the table. One day it will probably make sense, but which season that is I can't tell you. What I can say for sure is that it's not falling on deaf ears. It's just being decided one way that for this year is the choice. Maybe next year that will change, but for the time being.... that's where we're at.

Thanks for responding :)

snapback.png3rd Glasgow BB, on 29 May 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

There's no doubt that a live finals night feed would reduce ticket sales.

Question is.... What would make the most money? Finals night ticket sales with no live feed or Finals night tickets sales with a live feed?

Another question would be... How would a live finals feed effect DVD/BluRay sales? Already seen it, why buy it?

I suspect DCI have looked at all the angles and they will know which scenario makes them the most money.

I disagree. The hardcore DCI fans like us will always rather attend live. A live finals stream is not about revenue, it's about access to new fans (though the $$ is a nice side effect).<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(253, 254, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(253, 254, 255); ">The quarterfinal theaters haven't reduced finals attendance, and they provide almost the exact same performances as the Saturday show.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(253, 254, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(253, 254, 255); ">It's a niche activity with potential for everyone in music education, and more. On a weekend. For $10. Our PREMIER show is limited only to those die-hard enough to spend a grand-plus to travel out.

=================

^ In a nutshell, you have both sides of the coin, discussed every season.

Edited by drumcat

There aren't any more VODs on the horizon I know of. Maybe another live show... live is a very different animal.

Gotcha. I assume you can't discuss which show might become live, but thanks for the response!

• Like 1

All I know is that I'm going to do the streaming video for the Stanford show, and the VOD for the Walnut show (as I have for the past few years). :thumbup:

• Like 1

I bought the one day deal for WGI and I think it's a great service. I have been waiting for the glitches to be worked out. I think now is the time to take the plunge.

I want to know what is the best deal? I really want my son to join BDB. He was going to do it this year but wanted to concentrate on guitar this year...then he had to take one class in Biology because he got a C- for the semester.

Next year he said he wants to join and we spoke with Rick Odello about me joining them for a weekend trip as Chef.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Flam

Flammaster, if you're unsure about playing $65, then how about Mediabox from BD? It's only $9 or $10 and has everything Blue Devils on it. When I say everything, I mean E V E R Y T H I N G :cool:

• Like 1