Spirit Memorial Weekend Concert

I'm particularly excited to see Spirit this summer as I have a student marching there. I have a ton of respect for the people teaching their program and can't wait to see what the corps looks like this summer. Thanks for the post.

• Like 3

Thanks for this excellent post. Your attention to detail is appreciated for those of us who cannot attend. I cannot wait to see Spirit of Atlanta 2012!

• Like 1

While I can't claim to be as unbiased as you, tigger2, since I will be the first to admit that I'm biased as heck toward the corps where I marched three years and where my son marched four years, I was there too yesterday, and you pretty much nailed it with your review. :worthy::worthy: :worthy:

tigger2: Great post! For those who couldn't be there, reading your description is the next best thing.

Now we gotta wait for the dress rehearsal show in a couple of weeks. I may not make it!

Thanks so much for the great review! I was there as well, and it was a real blast not only getting to hear the corps play, but to join them as an alumnus for some tunes very near and dear to my heart.

A few extra tidbits to complement your already excellent review:

14 different soloists featured throughout the show, including a few very hard-working rookies to both Spirit and to drum corps period.

The whole bass line from 2011 returns this year.

Talking with a staff member while watching guard rehearsal, I'm told they weren't as clean as they are now until July last year. However, they're still working to improve!

Had a chance to see some visual/drill rehearsal later that night. The demand has certainly increased this year (I joked to a parent that I probably wouldn't be able to make the corps again this year if I were younger), but all members are responding very well to the adversity. Some really cool drill moves which look great from up high, including this one move with two straight lines coming together with a pinwheel effect that looks like cards shuffling.

Spirit of Atlanta 2012-Georgia at Memorial Day Picnic

Edited by Baumer
  • Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta 2012-Georgia at Memorial Day Picnic

Never, ever gets old hearing that. And ####, they sound fantastic!

Tigger - thanks for the detailed 'show' review, I feel like the season has officially started!

• Like 1

Hate that I missed it this weekend (especially with them being 10 minutes from my house), but looking forward to trying to swing by and catch a sneak peak this week.