Can DCA Corps Beat DCI Corps?

Just curious as to what people think. Where on this list would you place a 2011 DCA corps? Below is the quarter finals rankings from DCI 2011. I dont think anyone would say a DCA corps could make top 12 so I started the list at 13th place.

I think that the top few DCA corps would fit right around the Jersey Surf area (25th).

13. Glassmen

14. Troopers

15. The Academy

16. Colts

17. Crossmen

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Teal Sound

21. Blue Devils B

22. Oregon Crusaders

23. Cascades

24. Vanguard Cadets

25. Jersey Surf

26. Spartans

27. Pioneer

28. The Yokohama Scouts

29. Revolution

30. Genesis

31. 7th Regiment

32. Music City

33. Jubal

34. Legends

35. Raiders

36. Forte

37. Colt Cadets

38. Les Stentors

39. Racine Scouts

40. Blue Saints

41. Spirit of Newark

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=7ad6facc-cc50-4cf4-bd6b-54f8741f61fa#ixzz1wKZi1Sqx

No offense to the OP... but this topic has been flogged to death in previous years.

IMO.... apples and oranges.

Unless someone either invents a seven-day weekend, allowing all-age corps to rehearse in-season as much as the DCI touring corps... or if those DCI touring corps are required to rehearse only a couple of times a week in-season like the all-age corps do.... then I don't think there really is a fair way to compare the two products.

The DCI corps do what they do very well. And the DCA/all-age corps do what they do very well.

It's all good, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3

Now if you were to even out the rehearsal times and the season....I guess it would have to go to the experience. I mean...if all DCI and DCA corps had same schedule, same rehearsal time, then I would think that the more experienced corps would be up there.

But then again...apples and oranges!

My first thought was "Can a Granny Smith beat a Naval?" Well Red Dels from WA state definitally better than a Blood from Italy (*ugh*).

But never can remember which cirucit is the apple and which is the orange.

And are Minis or non-competitives (aka Alumni types) the bananas (including plantians - little bit o' everything).

Seriuosly - hard to impossible to tell with the non seven day a week schedule.

You also have two completely different judging sheets to account for. Since 2005, design teams have programed their shows to either DCA or DCI standards.

DCM used to judge every corps on one sheet, at least for local shows. MN Brass "beat" most of the div II/III field and a couple of non-finalist Div I corps, but that's not really saying much considering how poorly constructed the system was.

I miss DCM, but not its judging.

No offense to the OP... but this topic has been flogged to death in previous years.

IMO.... apples and oranges.

Unless someone either invents a seven-day weekend, allowing all-age corps to rehearse in-season as much as the DCI touring corps... or if those DCI touring corps are required to rehearse only a couple of times a week in-season like the all-age corps do.... then I don't think there really is a fair way to compare the two products.

The DCI corps do what they do very well. And the DCA/all-age corps do what they do very well.

It's all good, as far as I'm concerned.

:withstupid:

(usual disclaimers)

• Like 1

Now if you were to even out the rehearsal times and the season....I guess it would have to go to the experience. I mean...if all DCI and DCA corps had same schedule, same rehearsal time, then I would think that the more experienced corps would be up there.

But then again...apples and oranges!

with all things even..hmmmmmm well guess everyone will find out this year with C2..lol

• Like 1

You're kidding right?

Nope. Problem?

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

DCA vs. DCI, BOA vs. DCI, DCA vs. BOA...

Between apples, bananas, and oranges, I'll take bananas. The ones with the black spots are the best...they have to be aged just right for me to savor the bite.