Blue Knights Show 2012

After hearing alot of the music BK played last year from camp Youtube clips, I was hoping for more of the same this past winter. I have read that the title of their show this year is, "Avian". The music listed is just Stravinsky's Firebird Suite. Anyone heard anything different or can add more ?

Nothing different, but I can add more. Too bad the memories of the stuff I have heard/seen can't be translated onto a post. But I will tell you that the show is full of raw power and excitement.

• Like 2

Wow! no way... are there trumpets and snares too?! wild!

Really.... I mean what's the point of doing that? BK has been taking classics and revisiting them these past 2-3 years, so if someone described the show as powerful I am thankful for the insight. Certainly the poster is excited about the product and that's awesome!

By the way I hear they have drum majors and everything- even uniforms and a food truck! Hahahahahaha just joking.

Wes Perkins

• Like 4

Really.... I mean what's the point of doing that? BK has been taking classics and revisiting them these past 2-3 years, so if someone described the show as powerful I am thankful for the insight. Certainly the poster is excited about the product and that's awesome!

By the way I hear they have drum majors and everything- even uniforms and a food truck! Hahahahahaha just joking.

Wes Perkins

Wes,

Speaking of the food truck, a guy I marched with in 1988 will be their touring chef this summer. Good guy, Say hi when you get a chance, his name is Doug.

Gonna nerd out for a second...

Blue Knight are housing at my school for a day! Can't wait for my kids to experience this group! WOOOO!

...okay, *whew* done. :smile:

Looking forward to the raw power and excitement!

The point is would anyone expect anything less??

The point is would anyone expect anything less??

Point taken...:) I getcha, just think in the way BK is portraying this show is different, so I didn't understand the comment! Sorry man, party foul on me!!

Wes P

Wow! no way... are there trumpets and snares too?! wild!

None. Absolutely none at all. They've replaced those sections with piccolo flutes and finger cymbals. Loudest finger cymbal line I have ever heard in my life.

• Like 1