You liked ___. Perhaps you will like ____.

So a lot of people on here know about the popular recent shows (Phantom 08, Cavies 10, Crown 11, etc). But what about the shows that are less known? I was wondering if we could create a discussion about shows that people may like because they liked something so that the low exposure shows can get out there can get some love. So give us a popular show and a less popular one and say why someone would like that? So for example, if you liked The Cavaliers 2010 (Mad World), I would recommend The Cavaliers 2000 (Niagara Falls). I think someone would like the latter because it has the same power as 2010 and also has that jazzy element that was present in the 2010 middle section. And the same Cavies drill.

So what other recommendations are out there?

Taking the easy way out on the comparison, but still worth mentioning, methinks.

If you like Crown at all these days, go check out 1996. Love the brass arrangements (of wonderful composers Elgar and Walton). Brass performance and guard leave a bit to be desired, but they were only in their second year in the top 12. Love the show and would love to see Crown try to reimagine this show somehow with the design team and talent they have today.

Good idea! Kind of like on Amazon "People who bought this item also bought...". I'll ponder this...

Okay, I'll give it a shot...

If you liked 1993 Star of Indiana (music of Barber and Bartok), check out both 1995 Crossmen (Symphony for Brass and Percussion) and 2002 Blue Knights (Fear and Trembling).

If you liked 2011 Madison Scouts (New York Morning), check out 1999 Cadets (The Big Apple).

If you liked 2011 Santa Clara Vanguard (The Devil's Staircase), check out 1995 Blue Devils (Carpe Noctem).

If you liked 2011 Carolina Crown (Rach Star), check out 1997 Colts (The Music of Blood, Sweat, and Tears).

If you liked 2011 Blue Devils (The Beat My Heart Skipped), check out 1995 Colts (Sunday Afternoon in the Park with George).

• Like 3

Obvious ones:

Cavaliers 2004 -> Velvet Knights 1986

Crown 2008 -> Cadets 1985, Phantom 1975, Phantom 1977, Phantom 1994, Cadets 1994, SCV 1985, Phantom 1983, Cadets 1987, and many others :whistle:

Cadets 2009 -> Cadets 1994 -> Cadets 1984

SCV 2010 -> Star 1993

Boston 2011 -> Cadets 1989

Crown 2012 :innocent: -> Cadets 1988

If you liked the the modern Cavies, get ready for...the modern Cavies!!!! O.o

Good topic, mostly poorly executed.

• Like 1

If you liked:

• Phantom Regiment 1989, you should check out Glassmen's new take on the New World in 2005
  • Madison Scouts' Rhapsody in Blue in 1985 (or 2010), you should check out Phantom Regiment's Rhapsody in 2005

Enjoy

HH

• Like 1

If you liked Santa Clara Vanguard 2009 (Appalachian Spring), then also check out:

1. Garfield Cadets 1987

2. SCV 1983

3. Garfield Cadets 1988 (similar style and composer)

4. Suncoast Sound 1985 & 1989 (A Florida Suite)

If you liked The Cadets 2011 (Angels & Demons), then check out:

1. Phantom Regiment 2008 (Spartacus)

2. The Cadets 1996 (The American West)

3. Santa Clara Vanguard 1988 and 1989 (Phantom of the Opera)

4. Sky Ryders 1987 (West Side Story)

If you liked the Blue Devils 2010 (mirror show, forget the full name), then you might like:

1. The Cavaliers 2006 (Machine)

2. The Cadets 2005 (The Zone)

3. Star of Indiana 1993 (Bartok)

4. The Cadets 1991 (ABC's of Modern American Music)

perhaps more to come as I have time...