Who is finished?

Saw Phantom tonight. Only thing left that I could tell was some guard work in the closer. They are READY. Exposed horn parts ROCK. Visuals are amazing. They are definitely ahead of schedule!

You got to love Regiment! :thumbup:

• Like 1

SCV takes their time getting a finished product on the field, yet my ticket prices aren't discounted for the short falls.

Show Flags, costumes.. They knew one year ago they have a show on on near Jane 16... yet, they can't get a set of show flags on the field??

that is all

• Like 2

From what I've heard, SCV is getting close to finishing the show. They should have a full product on the field come Saturday, maybe not with guard costuming though, but I highly doubt they will be the only ones without guard uniforms this weekend. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I haven't heard anything from any of the other West Coast corps, I think Mandarins and PC should have moved in this past weekend?

Anyone heard anything from the Devils?

Sounds like The Madison Scouts are done and ahead of schedule.

Check out the daily tweetcast for more information!

SCV takes their time getting a finished product on the field, yet my ticket prices aren't discounted for the short falls.

Show Flags, costumes.. They knew one year ago they have a show on on near Jane 16... yet, they can't get a set of show flags on the field??

that is all

i'm sure SCV is not the only one with this issue... it is kind of obnoxious (IMO) that corps are still getting their show flags into July. I mean, really?

i'm sure SCV is not the only one with this issue... it is kind of obnoxious (IMO) that corps are still getting their show flags into July. I mean, really?

I agree with this. It's as if they were all wishy-washy until the last week in May and suddenly decided on a design. I mean, I have no clue how long it takes to make costumes and silks, but it certainly can't take THAT long. Most of the silks nowadays are printed, right? Doesn't seem like it should be an issue. Maybe that's just me.

I agree with this. It's as if they were all wishy-washy until the last week in May and suddenly decided on a design. I mean, I have no clue how long it takes to make costumes and silks, but it certainly can't take THAT long. Most of the silks nowadays are printed, right? Doesn't seem like it should be an issue. Maybe that's just me.

well a little secret in the guard world..Some ( not all ) feel its not goood to putit all out there early. I for one like to be as finished as possible so that spectator as well as judges can see what I have to offer BUT there is a real school of thought that DONT GIVE IT ALL. Many , (and its worked for many) dont improve very much but add a new silk or finally get costuming and BAM score jumps, without doing a thing.

Might seem a little dumb to many here but it has worked for some of our fav. corps

well a little secret in the guard world..Some ( not all ) feel its not goood to putit all out there early. I for one like to be as finished as possible so that spectator as well as judges can see what I have to offer BUT there is a real school of thought that DONT GIVE IT ALL. Many , (and its worked for many) dont improve very much but add a new silk or finally get costuming and BAM score jumps, without doing a thing.

Might seem a little dumb to many here but it has worked for some of our fav. corps

This issue has always been a pet peeve of mine, as I've thought it gave paying spectators a raw deal in the early shows if you didn't have your act together. Costumes can be tougher, with late people added/sizing, etc, but there is no excuse for not having silks ready on time. The issue seems to have gotten a bit better recently, and DCI may have pushed to improve it since they now do an early season theater broadcast. No one wants to look at dirty practice flags on the big screen. The score jump thing really varies from judge to judge and show to show, and in the long run is not very significant. Unfortunately, the issue won't completely go away unless they penalize or something (which isn't even really practical).

• Like 1