Cadets2 Performance

Sounds good for a brand new corps?

They will be competitive.

I wonder how many people in the corps are actual drum corps rookies. And are actually DCI age.

I'm just curious... one of the original ideas to have the corps was to provide an alternative to marching the actual Cadets. A cheaper, more affordable and more convenient way to be a Cadet. And I think also as a way for some to learn how to be a Cadet so they can eventually march with The Cadets.

OK, so far C2 is up where other Open Class DCA corps usually are at this time.

Well at least based on the video reviews. :tongue:

Cool, great timing as in a few hours I go south to reserve my room at Anapolis with the rest of the corps.

s/ Guy who cares nutin' about placings or scores, just likes to see (a lot) of corps doing good shows.

• Like 1

OK, so far C2 is up where other Open Class DCA corps usually are at this time.

Well at least based on the video reviews. :tongue:

Cool, great timing as in a few hours I go south to reserve my room at Anapolis with the rest of the corps.

s/ Guy who cares nutin' about placings or scores, just likes to see (a lot) of corps doing good shows.

Kudos to them for showing what they have and removing all the "I wonder how they are" scenarois prior to their first DCA competition at the Cabs show on July 14th ...

:-)

• Like 3

It's kind of hard to tell from the video. They certainly sound good, but does the brass line really have the numbers that they're advertizing? 56 I believe? It didn't look that way to me, but I've been wrong a million times before.

It's kind of hard to tell from the video. They certainly sound good, but does the brass line really have the numbers that they're advertizing? 56 I believe? It didn't look that way to me, but I've been wrong a million times before.

From FB back in March...

"56 brand new Yamaha brass instruments (like this lovely baritone) are shipping this week 2 outfit 56 lucky Cadets2 members for this season. Are you going 2 be one of the 56? There's still time for you 2 be one of the lucky 56."

There are 34 in the drill video...with a ton of holes.

From FB back in March...

"56 brand new Yamaha brass instruments (like this lovely baritone) are shipping this week 2 outfit 56 lucky Cadets2 members for this season. Are you going 2 be one of the 56? There's still time for you 2 be one of the lucky 56."

There are 34 in the drill video...with a ton of holes.

Early June or late May drill rehearsal... 34 horns in a drill written for 56... go figure... to me that just proves they really are a DCA corps... or have all of you forgotten how hard attendance is in late May and June due to graduations, weddings and all means of family obligations?

now if they'd had 56 out of 56 horns there and practiced all week at camp... then... I would have been seriously concerned...

• Like 3

Early June or late May drill rehearsal... 34 horns in a drill written for 56... go figure... to me that just proves they really are a DCA corps... or have all of you forgotten how hard attendance is in late May and June due to graduations, weddings and all means of family obligations?

now if they'd had 56 out of 56 horns there and practiced all week at camp... then... I would have been seriously concerned...

Very true and by Annapolis time all those blanks will be filled.

Very true and by Annapolis time all those blanks will be filled.

"Blanks will be filled:"

By people from "Cadets One"?

Elphaba

• Like 4

"Blanks will be filled:"

By people from "Cadets One"?

Elphaba

from what I underdtsand they have most filled already BUT true Im sure if they do have a spot or two open by DCA someone from C1 will fill it...just like other corps have done with DCI members for years

Cadets 2 will probably be fine, anyone worrying about them isn't doing what they should be doing for their own group, imo.

• Like 2