Cadets2 Performance

Certainly a VERY impressive 1:45 clip! They seemed to have confidence in their movement and a very consistent marching technique. Looks like about 35 horns in attendance with many holes, but I'll tell 'ya what...35 to 40 horns of this caliber, at this time of the year, can win in this circuit. Hopefully they didn't overstrech their reach with a 56 horn drill, 'cause this size line with perhaps a bit more in the lower brass, could do some serious damage. And with a 56 member line, this looks like a no-brainer top five.

Cadets 2 will probably be fine, anyone worrying about them isn't doing what they should be doing for their own group, imo.

You are absolutely right Frankie.....

You wanna know how I know.....because I was out there busting my azz this weekend cleaning my 8th place program!!! :devil:

• Like 4

Sounds good for a brand new corps?

They will be competitive.

I wonder how many people in the corps are actual drum corps rookies. And are actually DCI age.

They are quite young on average...mostly HS-aged members. The band director I work with is on the visual staff of C2.

from what I underdtsand they have most filled already BUT true Im sure if they do have a spot or two open by DCA someone from C1 will fill it...just like other corps have done with DCI members for years

I heard much the same. They had many kids missing due to HS commitments, but there are a few brass openings they'd like to fill..just a few.

It's kind of hard to tell from the video. They certainly sound good, but does the brass line really have the numbers that they're advertizing? 56 I believe? It didn't look that way to me, but I've been wrong a million times before.

the standstill was a weeknight, on a week many High schools have graduation.

it's quite obvious that the entire horn line is not in the picture... go with your ears not your eyes... must be at least 48... probably more

Well put, Tom. The on stage head count from the video and the audible instrumentation didn't match. :cool:

Cadets 2 will probably be fine, anyone worrying about them isn't doing what they should be doing for their own group, imo.

Well put, and as Frank P. said- members have enough to worry about in their own front yard than worrying about someone else's they can't control. We'll see how the entire picture falls in line when people go head to head on the field in the heat of battle and get to see entire programs and packages presented.

I agree with Jim to a point- More good corps with good shows that are well performed are a positive for DCA and for the fans. I care more about scores I guess-- but the better the quality of competition is, the better everyone will be to try and do well against one another. It's why I feel rather up about the season. More corps bringing more serious 'A' games to the field. It improves the activity.

Concerned about what?

Since you asked, concerned that they really were a dci "ringer" who does not belong in DCA....

As long as they continue down the path they have chosen - I would do anything I can to help them (as I have many times in the past for other new corps)

Since you asked, concerned that they really were a dci "ringer" who does not belong in DCA....

As long as they continue down the path they have chosen - I would do anything I can to help them (as I have many times in the past for other new corps)

So if they had all their horns at rehearsal they wouldn't belong? Is that the expectation for DCA?

And is the path they have chosen that you mentioned defined based on that one clip of rehearsal?

Just very curious about your point of view of C2... seems strange to me.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1