Cadets2 Performance

the standstill was a weeknight, on a week many High schools have graduation.

And that is only if they are all from PA. NY and NJ schools are still going for another week or 2 depending on the area.

And that is only if they are all from PA. NY and NJ schools are still going for another week or 2 depending on the area.

Couple of Central PA schools just finished their school year end of last week. Gee mom I wanna mug up the last day or so of school to go to corps practice to get on the Internet..... :rock:

And if any other DCA corps had done this under the same circumstances, how many holes would they have? Getting to the point I think my old micro-manage, over-analyze boss is on the boards.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 things:

1) There's more brass players in the stage video to the right (you can barely see them in the shadows) so you can NOT get an accurate count of brass members unless you were there that evening.

2) When they said they just received 56 brass instruments, they weren't implying that they HAD 56 brass players. They can accommodate up to 56 (and that's their goal) which I'm sure they'll eventually get to. I wouldn't be surprised if they pass out brass music to members of Cadets Uno (who are capable time wise) to fill any holes they might have after DCI Finals are over.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if they pass out brass music to members of Cadets Uno (who are capable time wise) to fill any holes they might have after DCI Finals are over.

But where will other eastern DCA corps get people to fill holes? :devil:

<inside joke... well not really a joke :cool: >

• Like 1

Not at all. What I'm saying is that there is a lot of moaning and groaning about C2, among loyal fans of many corps, and members/staff of those corps. You know who's been quiet about it? C2.

Member/staff are whining about C2? I don't know about private conversations you may have had with people, but I don't ever remember reading where any member/staff said a word about C2 publicly.

• Like 3

2) When they said they just received 56 brass instruments, they weren't implying that they HAD 56 brass players. They can accommodate up to 56 (and that's their goal) which I'm sure they'll eventually get to. I wouldn't be surprised if they pass out brass music to members of Cadets Uno (who are capable time wise) to fill any holes they might have after DCI Finals are over.

Obviously they didnt imply it because they said they still had a few open spots...

Point is, drill is written for 56.

I heard much the same. They had many kids missing due to HS commitments, but there are a few brass openings they'd like to fill..just a few.

An interesting point that I never thought of. Due to the age restriction and where C2 did most of their recruiting (USSBA), they are probably dealing with even more attendance issues than most other corps since they likely have a higher rate of youngsters.

Interesting...

Obviously they didnt imply it because they said they still had a few open spots...

Point is, drill is written for 56.

You can write the drill for 100 if you really wanted to. Point is, if your missing bodies, it doesn't do any good. It's a struggle every other DCA corps goes through whether is just an attendance issue, or that spot doesn't actually have a body in the first place. And that brings them right back on to the same playing field. Then, once you get people to fill holes during the season you loose lots of valuable rehearsal time just getting those people in the drill. It's not like you can say, "everyone welcome so and so to the corps this is their 1st day.. Ok lets chunk the opener now."

From what I've heard (not from DCP sources but from real bodies) C2 is missing quite a few baritones. The banner that pops up when the video plays confirms this as well as the video Jeff posted.

Not for nothing, but many of the Open Class corps C2 will be going head to head with don't have that many holes right now. Feel free to spin that however you want.

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 1

look....I said this before, I'll say it again.

I realize the Cadets name, and the implied connection to the most evil of evil people in drum corps, George Hopkins, has more conspiracy theorists going gaga than if new Kennedy assaniation information came out. People are so afraid he's going to win out of the shute, take over DCA, immediately convince the circuit to caveto his every demand, and ruin it like he has DCI.

Here's the bottom line gang. For all of you freaking out about Hop...he isn't even on the DCI Board. and if the Cadets2 end up becoming a member of DCA, he's one of what....14 people with a vote? Unless he ahs a great idea DCA can't turn away from, you think folks like Bucs, Cabs, Empire etcare just going to roll over and do his bidding?

Will they be a good corps? Looks that way. Will they win? Who knows? Everyone said "oh they'll hurt Bucs, Cabs, etc".

I don't see Bucs advertising for bodies. Cabs if they have spots, have very few. Fusion went Open Class. The closest World Class corps in DCI people were afraid that would be hurt is Surf, who is having their best off-season EVER!

Of course, the conspiracies go the other way. The so called YEA Borg are so defensive that people just want them to fail just because. Not some, because face it, some will want that....but all.

Why doesn't everyone chill, let the summer play itself out, and see where it goes. But far too many people....who really only have one stake in the game....which is paying to watch the shows...are fraking out about stupid ####### stuff.

I wish cadets2 the best. I hope they put a great product out there...as I do EVERY DCA corps.

the rumors of the rest of DCA's demise because Cadets have a DCA corps are GREATLY exaggerated.

• Like 4

thumbup.gif

look....I said this before, I'll say it again.

I realize the Cadets name, and the implied connection to the most evil of evil people in drum corps, George Hopkins, has more conspiracy theorists going gaga than if new Kennedy assaniation information came out. People are so afraid he's going to win out of the shute, take over DCA, immediately convince the circuit to caveto his every demand, and ruin it like he has DCI.

Here's the bottom line gang. For all of you freaking out about Hop...he isn't even on the DCI Board. and if the Cadets2 end up becoming a member of DCA, he's one of what....14 people with a vote? Unless he ahs a great idea DCA can't turn away from, you think folks like Bucs, Cabs, Empire etcare just going to roll over and do his bidding?

Will they be a good corps? Looks that way. Will they win? Who knows? Everyone said "oh they'll hurt Bucs, Cabs, etc".

I don't see Bucs advertising for bodies. Cabs if they have spots, have very few. Fusion went Open Class. The closest World Class corps in DCI people were afraid that would be hurt is Surf, who is having their best off-season EVER!

Of course, the conspiracies go the other way. The so called YEA Borg are so defensive that people just want them to fail just because. Not some, because face it, some will want that....but all.

Why doesn't everyone chill, let the summer play itself out, and see where it goes. But far too many people....who really only have one stake in the game....which is paying to watch the shows...are fraking out about stupid ####### stuff.

I wish cadets2 the best. I hope they put a great product out there...as I do EVERY DCA corps.

the rumors of the rest of DCA's demise because Cadets have a DCA corps are GREATLY exaggerated.