Cadets2 Performance

Why doesn't everyone chill, let the summer play itself out, and see where it goes. But far too many people....who really only have one stake in the game....which is paying to watch the shows...are fraking out about stupid ####### stuff.

I wish cadets2 the best. I hope they put a great product out there...as I do EVERY DCA corps.

Great post Jeff!

C2 is primarily a bunch of HS-aged students wanting to do weekend drum corps, and they are having a lot of fun doing so. What else matters?

• Like 1

Why doesn't everyone chill, let the summer play itself out, and see where it goes. But far too many people....who really only have one stake in the game....which is paying to watch the shows...are fraking out about stupid ####### stuff.

Because if we did that DCP would be less interesting and our work day would be more productive.

• Like 4

Since the CADETS2 rehearsed as the same facility my indoor groups did over the winter, I saw uniform fittings, the Holy Name patches being added, all the uniforms lined up waiting for bodies to put them on. I won't lie, as a CADET alumni myself I was a little disapointed seeing the traditional colors used after it was announced (paraphrasing here) "similar in style but not color". In the end they are a branch of the same organization so only fitting that they also carry some of the same traditions.

One thing I also witnessed were the faces of some of those kids the first time they stood in the uniform. I remember how I felt when I first got to put it on. I've heard it called the "hand-me-down corps" on these boards but if that is what you need to do financially to get off the ground, then you do what is needed. Could it be a smart tactic on their behalf?- Perhaps. At least when I see them now on the field I'll know it is a CADET regardless of a number added to the end of the name.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter and have many ties to a different corps not too far away, but do have to admit I for one am looking forward to seeing the CADETS2. One thing apparent as the "unveiling of programs" are being released that people are overlooking, is here is a BRAND NEW drum corps evolving and may even indeed be competitive after only 6-8 months. If following by example, whether it be from other top groups, your own established "parent corps" or philosophy gets you on the field then good for them. There are some corps that have been around for years and still struggle.... just saying

The anticipation of what this new group can bring is exciting, however along with that also burdens expectation on their behalf. Regardless of how they perform, how they sound, how many people they have on the field or where they place...... I will give them my appreciation for birthing a new drum corps I can watch.

One thing learned from reading these boards, everyone has an opinion. I'm sure the judgment section at their first DCA competition is going to be huge. If I was hosting that show I'd probably take advantage and offer special priced seats to make the extra buck. LOL

• Like 2

good sound standing still. Bucs had that a few weeks ago too.

An interesting point that I never thought of. Due to the age restriction and where C2 did most of their recruiting (USSBA), they are probably dealing with even more attendance issues than most other corps since they likely have a higher rate of youngsters.

Interesting...

Not for nothing, but many of the Open Class corps C2 will be going head to head with don't have that many holes right now. Feel free to spin that however you want.

Why are you worrying about how good/bad they are compared to Bucs? Doesn't seem to matter to me... They are a brand new drum corps and it seems like people are finding Cadets2 more "acceptable" to them (you included) if they see stuff that shows a "weakness" like comparing them to the caliber of a world champion in the beginning of their inaugural season or seeing stuff posted like "C2 looking for baritones".

C2 was never a bully, never said anything, so don't see why people need to defend their favorite corps against them by reading into the implications of such things...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Because if we did that DCP would be less interesting and our work day would be more productive.

And some people might have to admit their initial thoughts were wrong.... Or admit that mountain they made is smaller than a molehill.....

"Wrong?... Me??.. Unpossible <$1 to Ralph Wiggams>... Can't be, someones hiding something"

Edited by JimF-LowBari

well then go be more productive. God knows I have gotten tons done today,and only posted because I got ahead of schedule.

• Like 1

Why are you worrying about how good/bad they are compared to Bucs? Doesn't seem to matter to me... They are a brand new drum corps and it seems like people are finding Cadets2 more "acceptable" to them (you included) if they see stuff that shows a "weakness" like comparing them to the caliber of a world champion in the beginning of their inaugural season or seeing stuff posted like "C2 looking for baritones".

C2 was never a bully, never said anything, so don't see why people need to defend their favorite corps against them by reading into the implications of such things...

Sorry Charlie, but you're trying to put words into my mouth that aren't there.

I didn't say they had a weakness. I said they have the same issues other corps have at this time. Show me a corps that right now you can't hear feet coming thru the horns, and I'll show you a corps with either A) no drill b) no demand in their drill or C) a corps standing still.

I compared them to Bucs only in that I saw video of them playing a standstill and it was a few weeks ago. it was in no way a slam on C2, or puffing Bucs up. You sir, need to go re-read my rant, because you qualify as one of the two groups I talk about in that rant.

You also overlook me wishing them the best. For someone slamming them, now why would I do that?

Here's a chance for a group to make history....by being new, and competing. Every time a new higher score comes out, it's history for C2,Their finals placement is history....never before attained!

I swear, people on here can say the word black, and people will read way too much into it trying to prove you meant white somehow, some way

look....I said this before, I'll say it again.

I realize the Cadets name, and the implied connection to the most evil of evil people in drum corps, George Hopkins, has more conspiracy theorists going gaga than if new Kennedy assaniation information came out. People are so afraid he's going to win out of the shute, take over DCA, immediately convince the circuit to caveto his every demand, and ruin it like he has DCI.

Here's the bottom line gang. For all of you freaking out about Hop...he isn't even on the DCI Board. and if the Cadets2 end up becoming a member of DCA, he's one of what....14 people with a vote? Unless he ahs a great idea DCA can't turn away from, you think folks like Bucs, Cabs, Empire etcare just going to roll over and do his bidding?

Will they be a good corps? Looks that way. Will they win? Who knows? Everyone said "oh they'll hurt Bucs, Cabs, etc".

I don't see Bucs advertising for bodies. Cabs if they have spots, have very few. Fusion went Open Class. The closest World Class corps in DCI people were afraid that would be hurt is Surf, who is having their best off-season EVER!

Of course, the conspiracies go the other way. The so called YEA Borg are so defensive that people just want them to fail just because. Not some, because face it, some will want that....but all.

I wish cadets2 the best. I hope they put a great product out there...as I do EVERY DCA corps.

the rumors of the rest of DCA's demise because Cadets have a DCA corps are GREATLY exaggerated.

A yes We do A Tuba & Xylophone .

P.S. Welcome C2 see you on the fifty..

Edited by CABADM

Sorry Charlie, but you're trying to put words into my mouth that aren't there.

I didn't say they had a weakness. I said they have the same issues other corps have at this time. Show me a corps that right now you can't hear feet coming thru the horns, and I'll show you a corps with either A) no drill b) no demand in their drill or C) a corps standing still.

I compared them to Bucs only in that I saw video of them playing a standstill and it was a few weeks ago. it was in no way a slam on C2, or puffing Bucs up. You sir, need to go re-read my rant, because you qualify as one of the two groups I talk about in that rant.

You also overlook me wishing them the best. For someone slamming them, now why would I do that?

I didn't say you were slamming C2. I was saying that people come across as if they are defending their favorite corps against C2 which I don't think there is need to do that and you know that's true.

your post came across like that with the random comparison to an established champion corps.

And this is all I know. I haven't really followed DCA that closely. I am a fan of The Cadets and of YEA and thus I support Cadets2. I come here to DCA thread and seeing what others have written over the past couple months and I recognize passive aggressiveness in a very few members and I also recognize the great majority of supporters.

Jeff, I'm just trying to keep you honest and merely pointing out how your post and others came across.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1