CADETS NNJ DEBUT

I live in NNJ so was thrilled to have a WC corps perform anything near me after a long winter of spectulation.

Rain held off and a crowd of a few hundred fans, alumni came out to see Cadets.

A few brief observations/impressions:

1. New white uniforms look majestic, classy and give the corps a fresh wintery look for their 12.25 show. GUARD uniforms not in yet

so they were in black bodysuits with bright yellow silks.

2. MUSIC- relax all, it is the best music they've played in years. They did a wonderful job of deconstructing Christmas tunes and

rearranging in a CADETS/DRUMCORPS way. BTW, this show is not CADETS-LITE, it is aggressive,frenzied,fast in CAROL OF THE BELLS, JINGLE

BELLS is a wild swing tune/production,Ballad is beautiful and Closer is typical fast paced Cadet sprint to the end.

3. BRASS- loudess Cadet brass I've heard in a long time. Not sure if its the arranging, members or staging or all three but they

play really well for this time of year.

4. VISUAL-too low of stands to tell.

5. PERCUSSION- not a percussion guy but I know the pit was outstanding.

6. GUARD- sorry but was watching and listening to brass

7. performed up to half way through ballad and stopped. (they have 2 min to still learn). Played closer in semicircle,arranging is

just wonderful.

OVERALL

I really enjoyed them and no cheese!!! They should be in the mix come August.

• Like 6

I live in NNJ so was thrilled to have a WC corps perform anything near me after a long winter of spectulation.

Rain held off and a crowd of a few hundred fans, alumni came out to see Cadets.

A few brief observations/impressions:

1. New white uniforms look majestic, classy and give the corps a fresh wintery look for their 12.25 show. GUARD uniforms not in yet

so they were in black bodysuits with bright yellow silks.

2. MUSIC- relax all, it is the best music they've played in years. They did a wonderful job of deconstructing Christmas tunes and

rearranging in a CADETS/DRUMCORPS way. BTW, this show is not CADETS-LITE, it is aggressive,frenzied,fast in CAROL OF THE BELLS, JINGLE

BELLS is a wild swing tune/production,Ballad is beautiful and Closer is typical fast paced Cadet sprint to the end.

3. BRASS- loudess Cadet brass I've heard in a long time. Not sure if its the arranging, members or staging or all three but they

play really well for this time of year.

4. VISUAL-too low of stands to tell.

5. PERCUSSION- not a percussion guy but I know the pit was outstanding.

6. GUARD- sorry but was watching and listening to brass

7. performed up to half way through ballad and stopped. (they have 2 min to still learn). Played closer in semicircle,arranging is

just wonderful.

OVERALL

I really enjoyed them and no cheese!!! They should be in the mix come August.

Reviews like this of their early performances are giving me hope. May have to make that trip down to Chambersburg to catch them.

I was skeptical about this show, but what you and others have said belays that somewhat. I was worried the content would be rather dull and one dimensional (after all, I have to say that a Christmas themed drum corps show is uncharted territory).

And naturally the pit has to be amazing. Moyer's arranging skills are ridiculously good (and he is one ridiculously good percussionist himself).

If you missed the debut....... something may have popped up on youtube :thumbup:

Almost full show marching....

Closer standstill.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEvqRNTA7ng&list=UUClw4fhOx33pFXuwe-nB5TA&index=1&feature=plcp

The closer definitely rocked my socks off. Holy cow! Some great arranging from Jay.

Edited by dciboy2000
  • Like 5

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

• Like 1

I was skeptical about this show, but what you and others have said belays that somewhat. I was worried the content would be rather dull and one dimensional (after all, I have to say that a Christmas themed drum corps show is uncharted territory).

They're not the first corps to do a christmas themed show - hel, they aren't even the first NJ corps to do a christmas themed show.

• Like 4

I'm actually kinda exited about this show, could definitely be fun. OP says the hornline's loud, I would love if they were around 2007 levels as far as volume. That hornline could flat get with it.

• Like 1