CADETS NNJ DEBUT

Was that THE George Dixon making an appearance?!?!

It's really fascinating to watch people passing judgement on all these corps based on a preseason, poor quality web video

Geez - corps are still learning drill

Rewrites to come! And people are talking about balancing with the pit, staging, transitions, and writing various corps and/or programs off

Too funny!

Usually by late July things become clear... sit tight and enjoy folks - season is about to BEGIN :)

You're not crazy. But neither am I for not liking it.

And it's not even that I don't like it. I just don't really care about it. Brass, percussion, guard... all can be slammin. Visual can be mind-blowing. But the overall concept just doesn't grab me at all right now. I'm probably one of the larger Cadet "homers" on here, but I feel like this season, they're giving me a year off from stressing about where they place, because I really don't care.

I can already tell that this is going to be one of the least played Cadets shows on my iTunes. Not because it's bad or cheesy. Just because the concept and source material isn't what I want to hear year round. I'll watch them, and applaud, and if they place high, great. If not, great.

Yeah I can't say that I feel this EXACT same way, although I do understand your POV. Last year's program was a well-designed, almost well-oiled machine and it kinda set the standard for me as far as wanting to see more programs like that, but I'm still going to give it a chance and I definitely care where they place at finals.

I do have to say, it's gonna be hard to top what they did last year design wise. THey took a huge risk with the uniform thing, and good vs evil has been done before. It's always hard to follow up a championship year. Some corps try to use that same recipe, and it either backfires, or works again (Cavies it worked for a while... Phantom... didn't work so much...and Cadets have been known lately to not do as well after a good year) Do I think they can win? I have no clue. It's June. I think everyone has a chance to win, since everyone's score is even right now.

And more than ever it is all up in the air. A lot of strong corps out there nowadays. The field just gets closer each and every year.

Why be surprised? I mean, "let's kick it old school!" stayed in there until mid-season if I recall properly. :devil:

No, I think it was put in for 2 shows around Atlanta, and quickly retracted.

My view of the closer: pure celebration, much like last year but with a twist. I think they're going for several layers of "joy": (1) the awesomeness of the Cadets endings we've come to expect for many years, (2) the mood of happiness/celebration created by the music and the energy, (3) very recognizable music, and, related, (4) the audience maybe reacting positively to just how many tunes they're weaving together in a great way. These first 2 were on display in some of The Cadets' biggest shows (2000, 2011), but they don't often have the 3rd and 4th. I hope it will be great.

• Like 2

Man! That ballad is gorgeous!! I could do w/o the sleigh bells at the very end of it, though. That ending does go on for quite a bit, doesn't it?

Maybe Crown can take this on next year:

It's A South Park Christmas!

Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo

Merry ******* Christmas

The Lonely Jew on Christmas/Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel medley

Swiss Colony Beef Log

I think they should replace that with someone on the bells playing "jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way"...just my thought on that.

• Like 1

I just spent hours and hours watching the Cadets at Mount Pleasant (PA) High School over the last three days. Going in to today, they had one minute of their show to finish. I just got home from ensemble and final run through and their show is now finished. I can't find the right adjectives to describe them but I was extremely impressed. Such a strong horn line and I mean strong. The company front at the end of their show is just incredible. Guard, pit and percussion are all fantastic. Two drum majors had to leave the corps. The second one had to drop out and their current drum major, Kendra something-or-other, was tossed into the fire in April. She is so good.

Last night they were in full uniform which are a bit whiter than previous uniforms. I was told that this is for a more Christmas look. Guard uniforms, at least as of last night, are sort of a cream color, bodysuit style I guess you could say. Their show begins in the form of a snowflake but must be seen from high up to appreciate. Their Christmas music is so well written. The ballad near the end of the show is something to be heard. I think it will be another Cadets classic. As in people years from now wanting them to play it Iike they do "Rocky Point". Someone told me that it is thought that their hornline might be better than last years. Time will tell.

They are now leaving for Akron right now but it was great having them here. Fa la la la la...

• Like 3