CADETS NNJ DEBUT

I love it when my expectations are proved wrong... in a good way. Which they are really really starting to. Wohoo!

Edited by Barifonium
  • Like 1

They look and sound GREAT! Unfortunately Christmas music makes me sick to my stomach! Sorry and no disrespect to the performers at all I just think it's a waste of talent. They instead could be playing great music like they did last year. Well anyway for those of you who can't grasp anything new and interesting now we have something for you to all whistle to. :thumbup:

Personally I think it's a total sell out just like BD did with last years show which I thought was also performed well just didn't do it for me.

Their intonation is quite good and as always a stellar pit section!

:laughing::laughing:

• Like 1

:laughing::laughing:

Hi ya 2000Cadet!! Long off season huh? :tongue:

anyways, I have been pretty excited for this show all through out the off season... regardless of some show design cheese i'm still expecting... I can deal with it because its CHRISTMAS!! :thumbup:

Can't wait till I see The Cadets live this year!!

Hi ya 2000Cadet!! Long off season huh? :tongue:

anyways, I have been pretty excited for this show all through out the off season... regardless of some show design cheese i'm still expecting... I can deal with it because its CHRISTMAS!! :thumbup:

Can't wait till I see The Cadets live this year!!

Yeah I've spent most of the off-season drooling over Angels and Demons. :devil:

But I'm keeping an open mind as far as the Christmas show goes (even though Christmas music to me doesn't really sound drum corpsy lol).

Yeah I've spent most of the off-season drooling over Angels and Demons. :devil:

But I'm keeping an open mind as far as the Christmas show goes (even though Christmas music to me doesn't really sound drum corpsy lol).

Yeah don't blame ya that was one heck of a show! :thumbup:

I see what you mean... but hey this show could work really well!

They look and sound GREAT! Unfortunately Christmas music makes me sick to my stomach! Sorry and no disrespect to the performers at all I just think it's a waste of talent. They instead could be playing great music like they did last year. Well anyway for those of you who can't grasp anything new and interesting now we have something for you to all whistle to. :thumbup:

Personally I think it's a total sell out just like BD did with last years show which I thought was also performed well just didn't do it for me.

Their intonation is quite good and as always a stellar pit section!

Waste of talent? :tongue:

Let me get this straight. you think that a corps that historically has the most controversial, heated shows over the past couple years did a complete "sell-out" after winning the World Championship? As if they needed to win over fans by playing christmas music after their VERY Popular 2011 show? That is quite laughable.

And YOU are saying that people that like this show "can't grasp anything new and interesting" and yet here you are not being able to grasp anything new and interesting... The IRONY!

The fact that people like yourself have tiffs about the show tell me that the Cadets are just being the Cadets. No selling out or pandering.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 7

Your right, maybe the Cadets should play something new and interesting like Fanfare for the Common Man :shutup:

:lol:

They're not the first corps to do a christmas themed show - hel, they aren't even the first NJ corps to do a christmas themed show.

A Christmas themed drum corps show is uncharted territory? No, not really. I like what I see from Cadets so far though (minus the "Oh yea" samples in the show which do not sound good)... thumbup.gif

Bridgemen 1985: Christmas in July * Come on Baby Dance with Me * Imagination

Phantom Regiment 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAs3HsGPdw8

The Cavaliers 1991

Haha, well those shows were a bit before my time (and next time I'm researching before I post). Those shows have me hyped up now, though.

• Like 1

It's hard not to admire the method to their madness with this concept. While I think its fair to say a lot of people have had a mental block to the idea of Christmas music, there are few melodies in existence less widely known than these tunes. It's almost impossible NOT to hum along and get them instantly stuck in your head. Whether or not we curse them for this remains to be seen. Carol of the Bells has been ricocheting around in my brain since yesterday, and it needs to stop.LOL

That aside, it provides a vehicle for instant audience participation - no learning curve required, plus they've done a beautiful job of making the music interesting and unique, it sounds like.

I'd also think they must have had the easiest time getting licensing rights out of all the corps. Aren't a lot of these base songs public domain?

• Like 3