SCV 2003 Percussion

MikeN

Got to hear a remote of the SCV line playing some licks from their show, and the thread title is all I can say.

Amazing playing, and a book to die for. Let's put it this way: When you can tell what the horns are doing in the arrangement by what the tenors and basses are incorporating into their parts, it's an unbelievably well-integrated book!

(And their snares always have such a soft attack to them. Soft as in non-harsh. It's a very distinctive sound...)

Mike

Totaly! Have you heard the percussion feature yet.........DANG!!! b**bs

I got to see them play four times, from their own family day, Pacific Procession (twice), and Precision West I've got to say that they've got the most amazingly mobile battery that plays so tastefully while motoring at (wild guess) 220 bpm's for a majority of their show.

The drumline really rocks, but for me the standouts are their cymbal line. They ought to have one camera following them around during the show to catch the unreal "choreography" that those guys do througout the performance.