Season 18 Discussion Thread

Thanks again for another great season and awesome stadium pictures! :thumbup:

Thanks again for another great season and awesome stadium pictures! :thumbup:

I'll second that. :cool:

Finals week events:

Today marks the beginning of the end of another spectacular season. World class corps will be competing at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington TX for all of their events, starting with today's prelims. 44 corps will take the field for prelims, and the top 30 will advance to tomorrow's quarterfinal round. Semifinals will feature the top 20 placing corps from quarterfinals, and finals will, as always, feature the top 12 corps from semis. Cowboys Stadium will also be the host for Open and Class A finals on 8/11.

DallasTXNewCowboysStadium100000-1.jpg

Open class and Class A events will take place in Denton, a few miles north of Dallas. 36 Open Class corps will march into UNT's sparkling new Apogee Stadium for tomorrow's Open class prelims, with the top 20 advancing to semis and the top 12 advancing to finals.

DentonTXApogeeStadium30000-1.jpg

Class A competitions will be held at the CH Collins Sportsplex, also in Denton. While we are very excited about the opening of the new megastadium in Allen (another Dallas suburb) and hope to be able to add it to our calendar next season, it was just not going to be ready in time for this season's events. Collins Stadium will, however, still be an excellent venue for 33 class A corps to compete at, with the top 20 advancing to semis and the top 12 advancing to finals.

DentonTXCHCollinsStadium11000-2.jpg

I will try to do a "live-streaming" update similar to last year starting at or around 5 PM CST this afternoon, depending on my work schedule. I'll be posting scores in batches and trying to give some "live play by play" as well.

I third! Thanks for all you do! Updates, stadium pics, scheduling, scores, live updates, play by play.

Finals is here. Got to love the LIVE season. You manage your corps to put them in the best position possible. The rest is just plain luck. So good luck to all!

I third! Thanks for all you do! Updates, stadium pics, scheduling, scores, live updates, play by play.

Finals is here. Got to love the LIVE season. You manage your corps to put them in the best position possible. The rest is just plain luck. So good luck to all!

W00t! :w00t: I'm already on the edge of my seat with excitement :thumbup::tongue: