Is Genesis a good place to start?

I'm a high school student who plays trumpet and I was wondering if Genesis would be a good place to start with my drum corps experience. I've listened to what few videos they have up and I like what I see and hear. I'm ready for the hard work and the fees but I just kind of wanted some other opinions from you people out there.

I'm a high school student who plays trumpet and I was wondering if Genesis would be a good place to start with my drum corps experience. I've listened to what few videos they have up and I like what I see and hear. I'm ready for the hard work and the fees but I just kind of wanted some other opinions from you people out there.

Based on what I saw last year I think Genesis would be a fantastic corps to march in. One of the most impressive new Open Class Corps I have seen in recent memory. I'm sure you would have a great time with them.

I've had some interactions with their staff, and hosting them. From what I've seen and heard, I think they would be good. they are definitely headed in the right direction based on my experiences with them.

If you're from Texas, you might also want to look into Forte (Dallas/Fort Worth) and possibly Revolution (San Antonio), or even Crossmen.

I've had some interactions with their staff, and hosting them. From what I've seen and heard, I think they would be good. they are definitely headed in the right direction based on my experiences with them.

If you're from Texas, you might also want to look into Forte (Dallas/Fort Worth) and possibly Revolution (San Antonio), or even Crossmen.

I'm from New Mexico so I'm pretty close. I've looked into Forte, I don't think it's really what I'm looking for. As for Crossmen I would love to audition for them and I fully intend to at some point but I don't think I'm quite that level yet.

We have four great drum corps in the state of Texas to choose from! I'm not sure who you spoke to at Forte, but if you are looking to march we have an open trumpet spot at Forte right now. You can e-mail me at brass@fortecorps.org to fully explore all of the great things going on at Forte this summer!

Jason NitschBrass Caption HeadForte Drum and Bugle Corps

• Like 1

Revolution also has an open trumpet spot. You can some fine experience with with Jason and his staff at Forte or with mine at Revo. Feel free to contact me also at williamvclark@gru.net.

--Bill Clark

Brass Caption Head/Program Coordinator

Revolution Drum and Bugle Corps

• Like 1

Absolutely yes.

• Like 1

Time's a wastin'. A great experience awaits.

I personally think you can get a great experience out of any active drum corps. It all comes down to how much effort you put in to it. The experience doesn't just come with being in the corps, it comes from your work IN the corps.

You should be pushing yourself every minute of the rehearsal day to get better.

• Like 1