Who's Finished

YEPP

Also, remember it was only 12 months ago that many were slamming Cabs and others for not coming out ready or being prepard compared to Bucs and probablly rightfully so BUT ( and we'll see if theres a double standard ) If Bucs didnt come put ready in comparison I would hope score would reflect it for them also...Now could a corps not finished be that much better than 1 that is...of course.

If you take the average of the past 6 years scores at Wildwood....

Cabs average is a 74.02. They got a 72.55 last year at Wildwood -1.47. One could say they got hurt in scores having a incomplete program.

On the other hand Buccs 6 year average at Wildwood is 77.61 and they got a 79.05 last year at Wildwood + 1.44. One could argue that they got + credit for having a complete show.

Cabs average is a 74.02. They got a 72.55 last year at Wildwood -1.47. One could say they got hurt in scores having a incomplete program.

On the other hand Buccs 6 year average at Wildwood is 77.61 and they got a 79.05 last year at Wildwood + 1.44. One could argue that they got + credit for having a complete show.

superior they were for sure and others finished may have not made a difference BUT what im saying is the public for the most part felt others cant complain if they are prepard as others may have been..so what Im saying is this is true BUT also goes for the fan fav. in a year that they may not be ready. which some are defending in the DCI thread about cadets

superior they were for sure and others finished may have not made a difference BUT what im saying is the public for the most part felt others cant complain if they are prepard as others may have been..so what Im saying is this is true BUT also goes for the fan fav. in a year that they may not be ready. which some are defending in the DCI thread about cadets

The spread between Cabs and Buccs last year was 6.5. I have the spread at only 4.5 this year.

Its my feeling that Bucs won't come out as strong as in years past because of the major turn over in staff.

We will see come Monday :)

i won't make a prediction but i will say this the bucs in my opinion after seeing the show this past weekend will be stronger then last year. the staff change has not hurt them.. the show flows much better and it's one of my favorites. the corps as a whole is very good. enjoy the show

true,............but how much wood can a wood chuck actually chuck,...............

true,............but how much wood can a wood chuck actually chuck,...............

Depends if its WildWOOD. :rolleyes:

I don't have an answer for you... because there is NO clear answer...

but

I will say, judging an early season show that is incomplete is one of the most challenging for any judge...

As an example, I judged Bush many times in the 80's with VERY incomplete shows and MANY holes, but found myself saying "this show could win championships" BUT had to put a number down for THAT night... VERY difficult to balance everything they did do right against the lack of bodies and against the incomplete show vs programs that may not be as well written but are more complete and are offering the audience much more THAT night... arriving at the correct number THAT night is most difficult...

One could also argue that the Bucs were just a better drum corps over this particular time frame. But it seems to me that this incomplete show issue was not so much of a problem back in say the 70's thru 80's. And the season started a bit earlier if I recollect. Bottom line is DCA and their member corps have a commitment to the fans and the sponsors to get their corps on the field with a completed product in every show they agree to perform. And BTW...I predict Bucs to win by approx. 5 -6 points and folks to complain about the spread.

Edited by VOReason
  • Like 1