Cadets 2012

Having seen videos etc. etc. I really am not feeling confident in this show. And this is coming from a diehard fan of The Cadets. I know it's not all about winning but I can't quite seem to figure out what the logic was in following up last year's amazing World Championship winning show with "12.25". Changing gears makes sense yes. But..Christmas? Ehhh...

:sad:

• Like 4

Having seen videos etc. etc. I really am not feeling confident in this show. And this is coming from a diehard fan of The Cadets. I know it's not all about winning but I can't quite seem to figure out what the logic was in following up last year's amazing World Championship winning show with "12.25". Changing gears makes sense yes. But..Christmas? Ehhh...

:sad:

And on the other hand, I LOVE this show (as long as they don't clutter it up with unneeded vox!). I can get beyond the Christmas theme and just enjoy the arrangements for what they are. Joyful music! Especially the Dreidel/Jingle Bells swing section and "Do You Hear..." I can already tell that song right there is going to be a favorite ballad of mine for years to come!

You know... I couldn't seem to figure out the logic in their 2005-07shows yet the world continued on.

• Like 1

There are several Cadets 2012 threads. But that's okay.

• Like 3

There are several Cadets 2012 threads. But that's okay.

This.

In fact, here's one with a very familiar title:

Cadets Thread

Oh, and this one, with almost 200 posts:

Long Thread

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 1

I for one think this may become one of if not my favorite Cadets show, and possibly one of my favorite shows of all time. For your own insight my top 5 of all time are...

1. Cadets 2000

2. Blue Devils 1999

3. Cadets 1997

4. SCV 1997

5. Phantom 2005

I really think cadets 2012 might slip I'm there.

I for one think this may become one of if not my favorite Cadets show, and possibly one of my favorite shows of all time. For your own insight my top 5 of all time are...

1. Cadets 2000

2. Blue Devils 1999

3. Cadets 1997

4. SCV 1997

5. Phantom 2005

I really think cadets 2012 might slip I'm there.

:devil:

• Like 2

I fear we have collectively become quite the group of snobs, if we feel we have to "get beyond" the Christmas theme. And skajerk, I'm not just poking at you, I've read this sentiment from several others by now. Gee, are we REALLY bothered by "familiar" music (Jingle Bells)? Well, aren't we just full of ourselves. I say - bring on the Christmas music! I hope it's awesome! A nice, refreshing, change of pace for The Cadets. I wish more corps would grow some you-know-what and step out there like GH is doing!

• Like 3

I fear we have collectively become quite the group of snobs, if we feel we have to "get beyond" the Christmas theme. And skajerk, I'm not just poking at you, I've read this sentiment from several others by now. Gee, are we REALLY bothered by "familiar" music (Jingle Bells)? Well, aren't we just full of ourselves. I say - bring on the Christmas music! I hope it's awesome! A nice, refreshing, change of pace for The Cadets. I wish more corps would grow some you-know-what and step out there like GH is doing!

Well, maybe that's the case for some people. But I bet that some folks just think it's, y'know, jarringly out of season -- a white pants after labor day kinda thing, just an intrinsic reaction, not necessarily a die-hard stance against the show.

I, for one, think the show is really cute. And more interesting design-wise, if maybe a little less powerful emotionally, than last year's show.

And I have a feeling their guard is going to kick some butt this year, which would be fun to see.