Cadets 2012

I too just watched it again from the Lynn VOD.

They are really starting to suck me in with this show. I'm not at a baby-throwing stage yet (and not sure I ever will be with this concept), but considering how turned off I was on the theme/idea a month or so ago, they've certainly got my attention. This seems to be shaping up to be a very well rounded Cadet corps. If the design team can continue to modify and tweak the vehicle (DITCH THE "OH YEAHS" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!), and the kids turn it on towards the end of the season like they usually do, they should easily be in hunt.

So... while I'm not officially eating crow yet, I do have it warming up in the microwave.

This seems to be shaping up to be a very well rounded Cadet corps. This I believe.

It's actually a very demanding show. They are spread out across the field often. They should score well in the content/demand captions and by August should be wonderful. This is the cleanest Cadets I've seen this early. Must have attracted a lot of talented kids after last season's

GOLD. Normally they are a train wreck in June and the brass are so winded by the closer, it sounded like half the line cut out but not this year.

Their encore at Franklin Field in 2002 (basically all the stuff in this video) was the best encore I've ever seen, and probably the most entertaining Cadets performance I've ever seen. Hop had them play BWBB twice because the crowd was throwing so many babies.

Thanks for posting.

BWBB always brought the house down, show performance or encore. I 'd like to see the Cadets bring it back for an encore in some future year.

In keeping positive in my comments, all I can say is only they

could get away with those types of shows with such little marching demand or anything even remotely wow to look at and score near the top in

visual captions. My god the judging community drinks the blue coolaid..

Your comment ranks right up there with the comment that 3rd graders could march their 2010 show. Amazing how upbeat people can be about multiple company fronts, shows that simply hold a form, and forget that marching at 240 is somewhat challenging. I like Cadet show, wish them the best, but comments like this remind me that ignorance is bliss. Bring on the hate! BTW, the judges scored that show over 80 last weekend, over some pretty good competition (Phantom and SCV). I guess that all DCI judges are on Gibbs staff.

For the record, I like Cadets show this year. Not sure how Christmas in Aug will relate, but again, those idiot judges seem to like the show a lot. Guess that they are on Hoppy's staff as well... :sarcasm:

Well I'll tell you right now that I have the crow's head in my mouth. This show is something else from what I thought it would be. They're definitely sucking me into it. I can't wait to see it live on Saturday in Jersey.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I, someone not necessarily known to be the biggest Cadets fan (except for a few years here and there), jumped on board this show from the get go! :cool:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I, someone not necessarily known to be the biggest Cadets fan (except for a few years here and there), jumped on board this show from the get go! :cool:

I was wondering the same d_mn thing. :devil:

That ballad is something else. Even though at first I was a little ticked at the fact they play the hit in the endzone and have those "presents" props with the guard not doing a lot during that segment, I'll give it to them. It is different and I'm embracing the concept.

I've watched the idea of the props in the end zone develop and I was VERY weary at first; but that all changed when I saw them live in Lynn. In person, it's now starting to make sense and the action keeps your attention more with synchronized movement on and around the six props. The way they move the props now is much more fluid and becoming consistent across the field. It's become a lyrical dance piece that shows off their dance, acting and acrobatic skills, and sort of tells a story without being too literal (really more just an expression of emotion - joy, glory). You start to see the reverence that is developing as the show moves from the bell ringing and party aspects of the season to the more family and spiritual aspects. It is really starting to add to the transition at this point in the show. Watch the Lynn, MA VOD and pay attention to the guard throughout the ballad. If it keeps developing like it is, it could rival the flight based dance they did in that same spot in 1992.

Oh, and by the way, the guard outfits looked amazing in Lynn. They are now tailored and covered with sparkles that really catch the light. And the muted tones of the outfits below fit great with the rest of the show, starting with the ballad. They still have a separate presence from the corps while not being too flashy for the more reverent sections.

Their encore at Franklin Field in 2002 (basically all the stuff in this video) was the best encore I've ever seen, and probably the most entertaining Cadets performance I've ever seen. Hop had them play BWBB twice because the crowd was throwing so many babies.

Thanks for posting.

I can tell you, when we were directed to play again instead of leave. . .it was what every member of the corps wanted. As a crowd, you all willed that to happen. It was one of those moments that a performer could not turn down. A true connection!

I've watched the idea of the props in the end zone develop and I was VERY weary at first; but that all changed when I saw them live in Lynn. In person, it's now starting to make sense and the action keeps your attention more with synchronized movement on and around the six props. The way they move the props now is much more fluid and becoming consistent across the field. It's become a lyrical dance piece that shows off their dance, acting and acrobatic skills, and sort of tells a story without being too literal (really more just an expression of emotion - joy, glory). You start to see the reverence that is developing as the show moves from the bell ringing and party aspects of the season to the more family and spiritual aspects. It is really starting to add to the transition at this point in the show. Watch the Lynn, MA VOD and pay attention to the guard throughout the ballad. If it keeps developing like it is, it could rival the flight based dance they did in that same spot in 1992.

Oh, and by the way, the guard outfits looked amazing in Lynn. They are now tailored and covered with sparkles that really catch the light. And the muted tones of the outfits below fit great with the rest of the show, starting with the ballad. They still have a separate presence from the corps while not being too flashy for the more reverent sections.

I'll tell you one thing though, if those two first trumpets in the opener of Carol of the Bells don't stop cracking notes, I'm gonna throw more than babies at them. :mat:

• Like 2

BWBB always brought the house down, show performance or encore. I 'd like to see the Cadets bring it back for an encore in some future year.

For those who are newer to the activity, "BWBB" stands for "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy."

• Like 1