Cadets 2012

Its nice to see Cadets at the top of the scores again. I know different shows and all that but I have a feeling they'll stay put. At least until BD gets into the mix.

Cadets, Crown, and Blue Devils is who we will see atop the leader board for the remainder of the year; with PR and Bluecoats not far behind.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I haven't mentioned drill design in my comments here, so that must have been intended for others who are having the To Front or Not To Front debate :) My assumption with that X is it has something to do with the Chi Rho symbol, which would make sense since are they are already doing the fish earlier.

The X in the final set is the stand for the tree.

Eh, there have always been a few tunes "in orbit," and not necessarily from championship years...

The corps played Almighty Father from Bernstein's Mass in 1999 (from 1983 show), and a tune called Cadillac of the Skies for quite a few years until 06ish(?). I think they still do Moondance.

Interesting thing is that the arrangements change sometimes. 2000 was the first year that the Rocky Point tag was played. In 2001, the arrangement was much different (this is very similar to the one they play now.)

Just for fun, check out this encore from 2002. That line was seriously loud.

Forgot how much I missed Cadillac of the Skies....

Forgot how much I missed Cadillac of the Skies....

Whole soundtrack is fantastic.

So as of 8:36pm EST, Cadets are standing in 1st place so far. Yeah yeah yeah, I know the whole thing about different shows and all that jazz, but given the disdain people (including myself) had about the thought of a Christmas show, I say we have a reason to be a little excited.

GO CADETS!!