Cadets 2012

Your comment ranks right up there with the comment that 3rd graders could march their 2010 show. Amazing how upbeat people can be about multiple company fronts, shows that simply hold a form, and forget that marching at 240 is somewhat challenging. I like Cadet show, wish them the best, but comments like this remind me that ignorance is bliss. Bring on the hate! BTW, the judges scored that show over 80 last weekend, over some pretty good competition (Phantom and SCV). I guess that all DCI judges are on Gibbs staff.

For the record, I like Cadets show this year. Not sure how Christmas in Aug will relate, but again, those idiot judges seem to like the show a lot. Guess that they are on Hoppy's staff as well... :sarcasm:

Didn't mean to come across harsh. I enjoyed BD alot last year and play it often in the car because I thought the music was sensational. I just seem

to feel they are migrating towards a 2010 show again where very few were able to connect including myself. With all that talent (staff and members), I just want to leave being blown away, not scratching my head wondering what am I missing. I will take another look.

I'll tell you one thing though, if those two first trumpets in the opener of Carol of the Bells don't stop cracking notes, I'm gonna throw more than babies at them. :mat:

DITCH THE "OH YEAHS" FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Also wondering why there's still the same holes I saw in the Orlando VOD.

Also wondering why there's still the same holes I saw in the Orlando VOD.

I'm sure they're still looking for people.

I'm sure they're still looking for people.

Haven't seen any media posts to that effect. *shrugs*

The show is on youtube. It is the second half of the show from Orlando. This show is one of the better Cadet shows I've seen. Check it out. Think it was under search CADETS DCI 2012.

I completely agree with you. That night in Orlando the Cadets were really booking pushing the tempo and when they do that right their show clicks!! Believe me folks, Cadets are not done with this show...just watch.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'll tell you one thing though, if those two first trumpets in the opener of Carol of the Bells don't stop cracking notes, I'm gonna throw more than babies at them. :mat:

Beat me to it.

• Like 2

So glad to see the Cadets back in the fan favorite category again!

I've been a die-hard Cadets fan since the 80's. I would drive to every show they were at within 4 hours of my house in Connecticut, and back then that was quite a few shows each summer. Year after year they would blow me away with their artistry and speed and technical difficulty. Their shows almost always resonated with me. Even their "off" years were spectacular and often groundbreaking(Les Mis and the ABC's of Modern American Music are still some of my favorites).

Through much of this decade I lost interest in their shows. 2004 was OK, 2005-2008 I never watch on DVD or listen to on CD. They just completely lost me. I can recognize the technical difficulty and high performance level of what they put on the field, but the design choices just make me cringe.

Last year was decent, technically amazing and certainly a big step up in entertainment in terms of what I like to see in a corps show.

This year though, they have reconnected with me in a big way! This show is wonderful! The music is lyrical, sometimes sentimental, sometimes in-your-face fun. The drill is fantastic. I really love the return to unison flag work by the full guard, something I miss or don't notice in a lot of new shows. Even the one voice-over from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is tasteful and really adds to the theme. I usually HATE HATE HATE voice-over or electronic sounds in a show (synths imitating acoustic instruments don't bother me too much, but if it sounds like a spaceship landing it really pulls me out of my drum corps reverie and spoils a show for me).

Well done Cadets! I haven't bought a Cadets t-shirt since early this decade, but you can #### well count on my $20 when you come to Atlanta. Can't wait to see you guys live!

• Like 3

So glad to see the Cadets back in the fan favorite category again!

I've been a die-hard Cadets fan since the 80's. I would drive to every show they were at within 4 hours of my house in Connecticut, and back then that was quite a few shows each summer. Year after year they would blow me away with their artistry and speed and technical difficulty. Their shows almost always resonated with me. Even their "off" years were spectacular and often groundbreaking(Les Mis and the ABC's of Modern American Music are still some of my favorites).

Through much of this decade I lost interest in their shows. 2004 was OK, 2005-2008 I never watch on DVD or listen to on CD. They just completely lost me. I can recognize the technical difficulty and high performance level of what they put on the field, but the design choices just make me cringe.

Last year was decent, technically amazing and certainly a big step up in entertainment in terms of what I like to see in a corps show.

This year though, they have reconnected with me in a big way! This show is wonderful! The music is lyrical, sometimes sentimental, sometimes in-your-face fun. The drill is fantastic. I really love the return to unison flag work by the full guard, something I miss or don't notice in a lot of new shows. Even the one voice-over from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is tasteful and really adds to the theme. I usually HATE HATE HATE voice-over or electronic sounds in a show (synths imitating acoustic instruments don't bother me too much, but if it sounds like a spaceship landing it really pulls me out of my drum corps reverie and spoils a show for me).

Well done Cadets! I haven't bought a Cadets t-shirt since early this decade, but you can #### well count on my $20 when you come to Atlanta. Can't wait to see you guys live!

Welcome "home". :devil:

Here's hoping the Cadets are back on top tonight. I just have a gut feeling tonight's the night things start to change for the season.

• Like 1