George Hopkins

I'm thinking more like 6 black sheep.

well maybe 5. the Old Man is still alive and kicking

This conversation is still going? Really guys? There are no woodwinds in DCI, George Hopkins is not on the BOD, therefore can't get them added without convincing the ENTIRE rest of the current BOD to agree with it, which won't happen. Please, move along and enjoy the current season, where there are no woodwinds out there.

• Like 1

This conversation is still going? Really guys? There are no woodwinds in DCI, George Hopkins is not on the BOD, therefore can't get them added without convincing the ENTIRE rest of the current BOD to agree with it, which won't happen. Please, move along and enjoy the current season, where there are no woodwinds out there.

I DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(LOL....now I really AM being a "troll"....and it's fun)

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 1

oh ye of little faith

oh ye of little faith

Not really. I've been around and know a bit more than people give me credit for. I have been associated with one of the "evil G7" corps, and it's really not as nefarious as everyone says. I've met and talked to George Hopkins before, and he really isn't the monster everyone makes him out to be. I saw the man go and personally pick up a prescription for one of the kids in his corps because the admins was busy. Any director willing to go run errands for their kids is okay in my book.

And he isn't on the BOD. He resigned after the G7 thing "leaked" a couple of years ago. Which means he has no pull on there, since only members of the BOD can vote on rule proposals. So if he's the one pushing for woodwinds, without support, how could it ever get passed? Hmm.... maybe some logic is needed in these arguments? I'm not holding my breath that we'll see clarinet players on the field next year (except for at that BOA symposium thing). Calm down everyone

well, to be technical, the idea was kinda floated back in97 when Hop gave his vision of where drum corps should be.

And the sad thing is many of his ideas have become reality

Yup, notice the schedule and the lack of shows as compared to previous years yet it is littered with "super shows" ??

Geoffrey

Not really. I've been around and know a bit more than people give me credit for. I have been associated with one of the "evil G7" corps, and it's really not as nefarious as everyone says. I've met and talked to George Hopkins before, and he really isn't the monster everyone makes him out to be. I saw the man go and personally pick up a prescription for one of the kids in his corps because the admins was busy. Any director willing to go run errands for their kids is okay in my book.

And he isn't on the BOD. He resigned after the G7 thing "leaked" a couple of years ago. Which means he has no pull on there, since only members of the BOD can vote on rule proposals. So if he's the one pushing for woodwinds, without support, how could it ever get passed? Hmm.... maybe some logic is needed in these arguments? I'm not holding my breath that we'll see clarinet players on the field next year (except for at that BOA symposium thing). Calm down everyone

logic is being applied in some cases. if new rumors starting to see light of daycan be backed up with paper, well, let's just say that it will explode all over again