I'm having trouble trying to upload a photo for my avatar. I keep getting "the file type you're trying to uplaod is not allowed." The photo I want to use is saved on my computer desktop and on a photobucket account.

Can anybody here help me with this? Respond to either the board here or PM me at williammax@cox.net

I'm having trouble trying to upload a photo for my avatar. I keep getting "the file type you're trying to uplaod is not allowed." The photo I want to use is saved on my computer desktop and on a photobucket account.

Can anybody here help me with this? Respond to either the board here or PM me at williammax@cox.net

Your message didn't indicate what type file you're trying to upload, the dimensions, or filesize, so here are the limits defined in the system:

File Types: gif, jpeg, jpg, png

Maximum Dimensions: 100px x 100px

Maximum file size: 15k

Avatars, unlike images included in a post, are typically uploaded to the server and stored. All other images are referenced by a link to an external location.

-john

Your message didn't indicate what type file you're trying to upload, the dimensions, or filesize, so here are the limits defined in the system:

File Types: gif, jpeg, jpg, png

Maximum Dimensions: 100px x 100px

Maximum file size: 15k

Avatars, unlike images included in a post, are typically uploaded to the server and stored. All other images are referenced by a link to an external location.-john

The images are small jpg's on photobucket. Will have to talk me through the steps by e-mail or phone and even then my computer may not be able to handle it............

The easiest way to upload an avatar pic is to upload it directly from your computer.

1) Make sure your avatar image is no larger than 100X100 pixels

2) Make sure your avatar image is no larger than 15 KB in size

3) Make sure your avatar image is one of the following formats: gif,jpeg,jpg,png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) After you have made sure all 3 of the above criteria are met, save the image to a location on your computer.

5) In your DCP profile, go to "Change Avatar"

6) Select "Choose File"

7) Find your avatar pic on your computer and click "Open"

8) Click "Save Changes" in your DCP profile

If you have trouble with making sure 1-3 are met, you can give me the link to the pic you want to use on photobucket. I can edit it and send it to you. Just let me know.

Edited by Lance