2012 World Class Standings

I know I shouldn't do this, but when was the last time 5-10 were separated by 3 pts?

• Like 1

Will be updated daily as soon as scores are available!!

including the 6/22 shows. will update after all scores from 6/23 are posted

1. Carolina Crown - 74.900

2. Blue Devils - 73.700

3. The Cadets - 73.100

4. Phantom Regiment - 73.100

5. Bluecoats - 71.100

6. Santa Clara Vanguard - 70.650

7. The Cavaliers - 70.500

8. Boston Crusaders - 69.050

9. Madison Scouts - 68.200

10. Spirit of Atlanta - 68.100

11. Blue Knights - 65.500

12. Blue Stars - 64.200

13. Glassmen - 63.600

14. Crossmen - 62.100

15. Troopers - 62.400

16. Pacific Crest - 57.550

17. The Academy - 57.000

18. Mandarins - 55.200

19. Pioneer - 52.100

I haven't had my coffee yet and might be seeing things but shouldn't Troopers be 14 and Crossmen 15?

• Like 1

I am anxious to see how 8-12 shakes up?? Can SOA push to 9th or maybe 8th?? I love their show and entertainment value, but Boston has a beautiful show and they sound amazing this year!!!

Edited by OnMyMind
  • Like 1

Im curious to see how this holds up after a regional...

With how scoring is going this year, I'm curious to see how this holds up after today. :)

I'm hoping things will continue to be surprising/exciting, for another week or two at least.

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't do this, but when was the last time 5-10 were separated by 3 pts?

Good question.

Another interesting question is when was the last time we compared scores with full panels and those with partial panels from shows as much as 3500 miles apart ? I know that some of us compared partial panel judging scores with full panel judging scores last June at this similar timeframe too. The first week of scores in June ( mix of partial and full panels judged shows ) had no relationship at all to what happened in spreads and placements at Finals last year with complete judging panels, (plus another percussion judge), but the small scoring spreads in June among Corps in positions 5-10 with different sized panels was a topic of interest nonetheless the first week of June last season too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

With how scoring is going this year, I'm curious to see how this holds up after today. :)

I'm hoping things will continue to be surprising/exciting, for another week or two at least.

I think no Corps should be disappointed if their scoring and placement ranking is not what they want it to be right now. I believe we'll see lots of placement shifts and scoring shifts along the way this season. Corps are still working in stuff, and we have some shows with full panels, some with partial panels, and brand new judging sheets with brand new caption criterias that judges are experimenting with. Even judges need to see Corps a few times to get a better read. Its real early right now. My suggestion is for everybody to keep the faith with your favorite Corps or Corps. ' Should be an interesting year, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Good question.

Another interesting question is when was the last time we compared scores with full panels and those with partial panels from shows as much as 3500 miles apart ? I know that some of us compared partial panel judging scores with full panel judging scores last June at this similar timeframe too. The first week of scores in June ( mix of partial and full panels judged shows ) had no relationship at all to what happened in spreads and placements at Finals last year with complete judging panels, (plus another percussion judge), but the small scoring spreads in June among Corps in positions 5-10 with different sized panels was a topic of interest nonetheless the first week of June last season too.

Ummm, yeah. Isn't that the whole point of this topic? To compare corps from different shows with different panels 3500 miles apart and then rank them? No one said this is how it'll be come Finals or heck even the first regional. The small scoring spreads are a topic every year esp. in June. Don't get too serious.

• Like 1

Good question.

If you look at just the 1st show scores from each corp this year. ( Top/8 BD, Cadets, PR, BAC,Crown, MS, BC, Svc) only one corp is up from 2011. Just looking at raw data.

• Like 2