2012 World Class Standings

I wish that I could be excited or even interested in these standings. I know it's just to keep us all in the loop and to get us excited but it kind of makes me nervous. I have only been to the Orlando show and I am WELL aware that some nights are just bad and it's only June but Carolina Crown was a bag of ticks. I can only speak about the guard and visual (so please don't jump down my throats about how good their horn line is) if I can't count on my 2 hands how many weapon drops there were and if during an exchange feature more than half of the flags hit the field I am NOT impressed. Again, I get it was just one show but the conditions were not bad last night and they are a well respected World Class corps who should know how to deal with the elements. But anyways, I got sidetracked.

We do the same thing in WGI every gets eager about what guards across the country are scoring but you can't do that. These scores in no way are going to reflect what happens at a regional. So those who don't like it calm down and those who think this is the slotting for finals, well don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Long Live DCI smile.gif

• Like 2

I wish that I could be excited or even interested in these standings. I know it's just to keep us all in the loop and to get us excited but it kind of makes me nervous. I have only been to the Orlando show and I am WELL aware that some nights are just bad and it's only June but Carolina Crown was a bag of ticks. I can only speak about the guard and visual (so please don't jump down my throats about how good their horn line is) if I can't count on my 2 hands how many weapon drops there were and if during an exchange feature more than half of the flags hit the field I am NOT impressed. Again, I get it was just one show but the conditions were not bad last night and they are a well respected World Class corps who should know how to deal with the elements. But anyways, I got sidetracked.

We do the same thing in WGI every gets eager about what guards across the country are scoring but you can't do that. These scores in no way are going to reflect what happens at a regional. So those who don't like it calm down and those who think this is the slotting for finals, well don't count your eggs before they hatch.

Long Live DCI smile.gif

You need to keep in mind that there was no guard judge at that show and the Visual Analysis judge was having to be All Things at All Times so while you were focused on the guard, there was no judge doing the same at that show.

• Like 2

will be interesting to see where bluecoats and blue devils scores go with each having not competed in awhile

• Like 2

bump cause I like watching the "standings" for the day.

Only 5 points separate Corps 1 thru 9 according to this. I don't place a whole lot of stock on these standings this early when we're not talking about head to head matchups, and we have a mixture of both full and partial panel judging scores included in this calculation ranking... but still in all, it is kind of neat to see only 5 points ( 5.1 to be precise ) separating Corps 1 thru 9 in the current standings right now. Scores are in the 70's now, and they'll all be in the 90's come Finals. Its a nice horse race right now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Only 5 points separate Corps 1 thru 9 according to this. I don't place a whole lot of stock on these standings this early when we're not talking about head to head matchups, and we have a mixture of both full and partial panel judging scores included in this calculation ranking... but still in all, it is kind of neat to see only 5 points ( 5.1 to be precise ) separating Corps 1 thru 9 in the current standings right now.

5.1 thru 8th

5.5 thru 9th

:smile:

5.1 thru 8th

5.5 thru 9th

:smile:

Correction so noted... thanks Liahona.

Motion to change thread title to "2012 WC standings updated daily". The 6/20 thing will makes less sense as the season goes on.

• Like 3

Fun list! But at the moment (6/30 17:39 EDT) you have Pacific Crest listed twice.