Inside BD 360 trailer

His subjective perception of a question that has a yes or no answer.

Oh dear.

How is "Does the BD organization have class?" a question with a yes or no answer?

For what it's worth, I suspect that many BD alum who are "owning" this thing are wishing it was phrased/presented a bit differently. My understanding is that "winning" (which is an absurd notion, in my opinion) is important to them on a level more than most other corps. That's fine. (Although, I think it a bit silly to count "wins" and "losses" over the years, since winning and losing is 100% up to HUMANS.)

The messaging, though, is a bit cringe-worthy for an organization that is usually spot-on with its materials. I suspect they realized this and removed the material.

Oh dear.

How is "Does the BD organization have class?" a question with a yes or no answer?

For what it's worth, I suspect that many BD alum who are "owning" this thing are wishing it was phrased/presented a bit differently. My understanding is that "winning" (which is an absurd notion, in my opinion) is important to them on a level more than most other corps. That's fine. (Although, I think it a bit silly to count "wins" and "losses" over the years, since winning and losing is 100% up to HUMANS.)

The messaging, though, is a bit cringe-worthy for an organization that is usually spot-on with its materials. I suspect they realized this and removed the material.

His specific question was whether a member would still be happy with a bad performance and a win.

I agree that your question is subjective.

I haven't even seen the video, it was removed before I could see it, but I love this thread THIS MUCH!

The level of butthurt in this thread epic.

BD has always had swagger. They win a lot.

If you don't like it, create a program that will consistently crush them.

If not, I got no sympathy for you.

And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar...

'Oh yeah. I used to be in a drum corps. It's a tough racket.'

• Like 3

I haven't even seen the video, it was removed before I could see it, but I love this thread THIS MUCH!

The level of butthurt in this thread epic.

BD has always had swagger. They win a lot.

If you don't like it, create a program that will consistently crush them.

If not, I got no sympathy for you.

And you know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a bar...

'Oh yeah. I used to be in a drum corps. It's a tough racket.'

The feeling is mutual.

• Like 1

Oh dear.

Yep. It's not so much the message but the wording I didn't like.

Attitude doesn't equal real life.

Surf works just as hard to strive for perfection, but won't even make finals. Is this a more accurate representation of what life is like in the real world? Or do you just expect to win every year?

I personally just expect to win every year... If you have all the necessary tools and talent as well as a winning attitude, meaning that it is something important to you... to achieve... then one should expect a certain level of achievment each and every year. Sometimes they will fall short... other times they will ouver shoot their goals... But it all works out. Bottom line is that it is out there for the taking if one wants it!

My problem with the Blue Devils is not that they win- at least, not predominantly (after all, who of us who competed in drum corps aren't just a LITTLE competitive). My problem with them is that I get the feeling that if they won, even with a sloppy, crap performance of a sloppy, crap show, they would be happy. I AM NOT SAYING THEY HAVE EVER DONE THIS. But that's the feeling I get.

Cough, Cough '77, cough cough!

Yeah, I know all about how they all got sick, yada yada yada. Listen to the recording, that's all I'm saying.

(But I am just a tad bias)

RM

• Like 2