Company fronts

I'm going to be the odd man out and say Cavaliers 2002 in the ballad. The way they used that visual move to also portray a musical effect was genius. It was simple but very effective.

Edited by kaseyW

I'm going to be the odd man out and say Cavaliers 2002 in the ballad. The way they used that visual move to also portray a musical effect was genius. It was simple but very effective.

Agreed. That ballad was beautiful.

Star of Indiana 1990, that came out of nowhere.

Edited by bandman28

The company front is a hard, strong, regal, and majestic form. Done well it can be a show stopper! Done poorly and it can be hard to watch.

The best version of a company front I have seen is the 1987 Garfield Cadets. I think the audience stood, cried, clapped, and cheered all at the same time. It was one of those moments in DCI, the kind that are hard to explain or describe, but you remember them forever.

The Cadets have been famous for company fronts, largely due to the nature of the shows they perform and the style they march. Some of my other favorite Cadets fronts are:

1. 1984 - hits seemingly out of nowhere and then the push is vintage power and great music with a Z-pull tag

2. 2000 - diagonal push at the end of the Disney show, probably cleaner than the one they did last year.

3. 1990 - the end of their Bernstein Celebration show with Z-pull to S-pull at the end. Awesome!

4. 2009 - the double-time feel, jazz run is cool, then the whiplash drill that follows.

Other corps:

1. Madison Scouts 1995, 1984, 1983

2. SCV 1985, 1988 (curve to diagonal push), 2009 (fabulous)

3. Spirit of Atlanta in 1978 and 1979

• Like 1