What year will Finals not be in Indy?

There is a year in this ten year contract that Finals will not be held in Indy, does anybody know where they will be held? I would suggest a new venue, one I recently visited that would be great is Ames, IA (by Des Moines, IA) at Iowa State University. Great location to pull from larger surrounding areas.

I don't expect it will move once the contract is up.

• Like 1

I don't expect it will move once the contract is up.

Indy now, Indy forever? :rock:

• Like 2

Indy now, Indy forever? :rock:

So long as BOA and DCI remain headquartered there, very likely.

If the Oil Can weren't such a horrible venue, I wouldn't mind it staying there permanently. A dome is NEVER right for drum corps. Was off to one of the sides in the mid level last year and it was HORRIBLE. Couldn't hear a thing except a jumbled mess of echoes and was just a bad experience all the way around.

• Like 4

The conflict wasn't with Lucas Oil Stadium, but with a religious denomination having booked all the downtown hotel rooms for an event. (I'm guessing the event was going to be at the basketball arena, but I never heard that for sure.) That event was then cancelled for whatever reason and the rooms for DCI came open.

Man I don't know about y'all but I think Lucas Oil Stadium is an awesome venue. It's so clear acoustically, and not to mention it's FUN to play in.

• Like 5