What year will Finals not be in Indy?

Finals WAS held there in 2004. I thought it was a very nice location, only real drawback I recall was traffic jams on the Interstate trying to get to the stadium (IIRC, Saturday wasn't that bad but Thursday and especially Friday were horrific) and some issues with the weather (specifically, as regards the Div. II/III that year).

Traffic was a problem due to the immense Interstate rebuilding project known as the "T-Rex." (Supposedly there was so much excavation below grade to widen the north-south artery through Denver that it resembled a massive archeological dig.)

Loved the stadium, though I heard it was really expensive. The less money DCI has to spend on a stadium, the more it can share with the corps.

Lucas and THE corps are all working on the sound issue. Lucas is trying different things to better the acoustics and corps are programming differently to make the dome experience reward them.

I love the Idea of Indy forever.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that DCI won't be taking a break from Indianapolis. I VERY MUCH liked traveling and seeing different parts of the country before DCI locked Lucas Oil. And the echo inside the stadium is definitely terrible. You can't fix it no matter how many black cloths you drape around the stadium. Plus, honestly, Indianapolis isn't exactly a tourist mecca, esp. if you're from places like California or Florida.

I'd LOVE for DCI to come back out to California! The Rose Bowl isn't the best venue (small seats, shallow viewpoint, poor crowd control, noisy lighting). The lighting, btw, has been fixed. I'd recommend Chargers stadium in San Diego (who WOULDN'T love visiting San Diego?!) or the 49ers stadium up North.

I wish Stanford's stadium was larger.

Someone stated to me a few years ago that they didn't want to go to Indy because they didn't think there were enough tourist sites. I asked them if they went to Madison. They replied that they had. I asked them if they visited Wisconsin Dells or House on the Rock, the number one and two tourist destinations in Wisconsin and each an easy drive from Madison. They replied they hadn't. I asked them what they did the entire time between shows. They said they went out and watched corps rehearse. I then asked, "And you can't do that in Indy?"

• Like 1

Why doesn't DCI request that the roof be open for all of Championships week? I remember when DCI first announced the long term deal in Indy, they said in response to some protesting of the "indoor" aspect that they would make every effort to keep the roof open, only closing it when necessary due to inclement weather. Now, once the long term deal is in effect, the roof is never open for Championships (at least so far).

I always wondered what caused the difference. Anyone know?

Air conditioning would have to be turned off in the hallways and lobby areas, according to my understanding. And the wind would play havoc with the black curtains.

Maybe Indy makes sense for DCI for the other benefits, but they have to be paying a price in attendance. I've been I've been to 15 finals, including 2 in Indy, but I'm pretty unlikely to go again. It's not a city I'd take my family for vacation every year, and even in the very best seats in the house it's acoustically pretty marginal.

I hope a permanent base in Indy won't negatively effect DCI support on the west coast. I can't speak for everyone out west, but these early season shows are getting old quick.

People will go where finals are at.

I hope a permanent base in Indy won't negatively effect DCI support on the west coast. I can't speak for everyone out west, but these early season shows are getting old quick.

Early-season shows have been the norm for California for 20, 30, 40 years. Remember, 2007 was the first DCI Finals west of the Rockies, and DCI has been around since 1972.

Barring a complete lapse of conscience, I will not be attending DCI while it is in Indy. IMO, a 10 year contract pretty much sealed the deal for my protest. I'm not even sure I'll ever attend another DCI Championship again preferring instead to support shows at other venues, even if that means I'm flying across country. (Which it usually does)

RM

Barring a complete lapse of conscience, I will not be attending DCI while it is in Indy. IMO, a 10 year contract pretty much sealed the deal for my protest. I'm not even sure I'll ever attend another DCI Championship again preferring instead to support shows at other venues, even if that means I'm flying across country. (Which it usually does)

RM

Sorry if you've said it before, but why are you so against it?