Where are the Blue Devils?

Not even close, I can rattle off 20 shows the Blue Devils were in right off the top of my head, They did about 35 shows in 1982.

Geoffrey

I don't konw Geoffrey, FromThePressBox also has only 22 shows...

Pulled out the yearbook to see where we went that summer – looks like Corpsreps is missing a show on June 19th, and we were also scheduled for Ogden UT but had to scratch due to a nasty bout of blue flu that took out half the corps. The yearbook also lists 5 exhibition performances at various points over the summer, so those wouldn’t be tracked in a score database. No doubt that Cadets and everyone else probably had their share of exhibitions that summer as well.

So... Crown just held a clinic... and then did a show... then did an encore in front of huge audience and performed with the students from the clinic.

Why can't BD do something like that???

I was surprised to see Crown marching a different drill to their show during the clinic performance part. Kudos to them for learning "extra" stuff in the name of music education. Even if it was simple and easy, it still took time away that could have been spent rehearsing and preparing for finals.

I was surprised to see Crown marching a different drill to their show during the clinic performance part. Kudos to them for learning "extra" stuff in the name of music education. Even if it was simple and easy, it still took time away that could have been spent rehearsing and preparing for finals.

Many corps do stuff like that during clinics, Blue Devils included. It's not a big deal, and it's a nice diversion from the daily grind of the show.

So what's the deal, why so few show?

The west coast fans are always complaining about the lack of shows and now one of their own corps is sitting at home practicing while passing on area shows. Cool.

Are BAC and Regiment are out there to pick up the slack?

All this talk about DCI selling excellence and the most excellent corps isn't even out there? Super cool dude, way to help out the team

It feels....I don't know, kind of selfish to me. Like they are being all G7 and not helping other shows draw and instead they are taking extra practice and rest to win at all costs. I guess if they can afford it, why not game the season?

I get why other corps would do limited tours to stretch their limited funds, but hey, it's the Blue Devils, right?

What do you think about it?

... or you could take a minute and thirty-seven seconds, go to their site or Facebook and see what they are actually doing before starting a topic like this rather than make assumptions. :-)

• Like 3