Where are the Blue Devils?

I make no claims that it is complete, but CorpsReps yields these stats...

1982 Number of Shows/Scored Performances Prior to DCI Championships for Top 6 corps:

37 Garfield Cadets

36 Madison Scouts

34 27th Lancers

34 Phantom Regiment

26 Santa Clara Vanguard

20 Blue Devils (Champions)

My data shows 23 for BD in 1982, while Garfield does weigh in with 37. I have Madison at 38. though.

So... Crown just held a clinic... and then did a show... then did an encore in front of huge audience and performed with the students from the clinic.

Why can't BD do something like that???

• Like 2

So... Crown just held a clinic... and then did a show... then did an encore in front of huge audience and performed with the students from the clinic.

Because what BD's been doing is a camp, not a clinic. If you follow BD on twitter or Facebook, you'll see them posting pictures and videos from the Sytem Blue camp over the last few days. Including tonight/today.

Edited by Kamarag

Because what BD's been doing is a camp, not a clinic.

What's the big difference???

What's the big difference???

You never did clinics when you were marching? Usually less than a full day deal, tied to the show. Mostly kids observing rehearsal with some staff narration in the stands. When I marched we loved clinic days. We did them constantly.

You never did clinics when you were marching? Usually less than a full day deal, tied to the show. Mostly kids observing rehearsal with some staff narration in the stands. When I marched we loved clinic days. We did them constantly.

We did one clinic at the end of spring training... and I went to one Cadets clinic in HS.

Supposedly Crown's clinic has been a couple days.

It is a part of the the whole BOA/Music for All thingy...

But still.. why couldn't BD have the camp for a couple of days, and tie shows into the thing. Unless their next show is a part of the camp??

On their schedule it just says rehearsal day for 5 straight days.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

They're worried about losing last year! They're going to make sure that doesn't happen again! devil.gif I mean bluedevil.gif.... dancin.gif

• Like 1

Sounds like a way to keep making money while getting lots of extra rehearsal time. Outside of concerns about fairness (more rehearsal time/not changing locations as frequently) you can't fault them for doing it. Imagine if every corps did this though. Less shows for everyone.

We did one clinic at the end of spring training... and I went to one Cadets clinic in HS.

Supposedly Crown's clinic has been a couple days.

It is a part of the the whole BOA/Music for All thingy...

But still.. why couldn't BD have the camp for a couple of days, and tie shows into the thing. Unless their next show is a part of the camp??

On their schedule it just says rehearsal day for 5 straight days.

Didn't we already go over this? Blue Devils want to give other corps a chance to win every once in awhile, especially in CA :tongue:

Here's a real question, though: if you're so concerned, why don't you email Gibbs about it? I'm sure if you really want to know why he made the decision to not attend as many shows as years past (and if you ask him in a respectful way and not as a d-bag), then he'll likely give you a pretty honest answer. I've sent him emails before over the summer asking him questions (sometimes pretty heated, border-line d-bag questions to be honest), and he's always come across as honest, and sometimes blunt about why he/Blue Devils do things.

Email him and ask if you're really interested and not just stirring the pot taking needless cheap-shots at Blue Devils. His email: dgibbs@bluedevils.org

• Like 2